Need DCC help/info

mowman24

I am in he process of building a 3 footx15 foot layout which I want to use 3 locos on on at least 2 different tracks. Here is the deal, 2 engines are real old post war models, but one is only about 15 years old. It is a K Line 0 4 0 switch, with tender That I bought new. At the time, it had all the bells and whistles, or I thought so, but never used anything but the basic forward/reverse and whistle. Well the rail sounds worked also. According to the box it is equipped for DCC also. It has maybe 1 or 2 hours on it, and has been on display or in storage for the lsat 10 years. Now I would like to know what the DCC actually will let it do. I am totally clueless on any train electronics. I can barely turn on and type on this desktop Apple computer. Don't have a ;laptop or anything portable, so if I need something to use the DCC, I just won't. Also only have a basic, NON SMARTphone. SO WHAT DO I NEED TO USE DCC??

Ok, it looks like I was wrong AGAIN, as I found the instructions, and it is NOT DCC. It is TRAINMASTER COMMAND (Cab 1) and will only do a very few things that it will not do without the remote. So I am back to running a separate circuit for each of my 3 engines.

Back