Model Railroading Resolutions for 2018

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
I made a New Year's resolution that I will put everything back in its proper place right after doing work on the layout. This includes reinstalling the black skirting around the layout, hiding my mechanics chair, putting away the rolling shelving that holds many of supplies, cleaning up my work bench and of course my tools. I have a bad habit of leaving everything out and not in it storage areas.

Has anyone else made any Model Railroading resolutions?

Please share....

Thanks.

Greg

I thought about this as well.

1) Find a new forum that has an HO presence (belonged to a great N scale only forum)......Done!
2) Sell the rest of the N scale stuff (recently started the switch over to HO).
3) finish the tear down of the current N scale layout.
4) start a HO layout, and maybe be able to run the stuff I've just been pushing around on a section of track.

1) Do more scenery, maybe have close to 35% completed by years end, up from 15% right now.
2) Clear up the backlog of partially completed projects that were packed away when I moved to the new train shed.
3) Spend more money on train stuff - self-imposed restraint for three years.

Willie

1 I'm going to play around with static grass, I made one of those fly swatter applicators.
2 I'd like to put more interior lights I buildings
3 have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't keep me from getting things done; but, I hate New Years resolutions. I stopped making them when I first understood what the word "RESOLUTION" meant. I never understood why the New Year was supposed to get me to change how I do things and about all I sometimes manages to get changed, is the date, when I have to write it down!

However, if the New Year implores you to change your ways and you manage to do so, good for you!

1 I'm going to play around with static grass, I made one of those fly sweater applicators.
2 I'd like to put more interior lights I buildings
3 have fun!!

Well, Edsland, with the cold temps of the past week I sure hope that you keep your flys warm with their new sweaters!
Good luck with the static grass too!

I did not make any this year -- usually wound up not keeping them before anyway! But, I like what several of you have said. I just can't stop thinking about those "little bitty" sweaters on those flys.

Setting Goals, New Years Resolutions, these all sound like work! I don't have as much fun working as I do playing; so, I play with trains! This keeps me getting things done; but, I'm having fun doing them.

I'm determined to have at least a small layout this year. Living in an apartment leaves little space for one, but I think I can squeeze a shelf layout in somewhere. It makes me sad to see everything sitting in boxes.

I made a resolution years ago to never make resolutions again and so far I've stuck to it! ;)
That being said I did tell myself to quit assembling building kits until I know exactly where they're going.
You know, make the building fit the terrain like the real world and not the other way around.

I'm determined to have at least a small layout this year. Living in an apartment leaves little space for one, but I think I can squeeze a shelf layout in somewhere. It makes me sad to see everything sitting in boxes.

A switching layout you can incorporate when you can expand.

Mine, although not directly new year related, is to get stuck into all those cars and engines that are waiting to have loads, or decoders put into them. Need to see and hear them on the tracks. Imagining ain't the way.

I resolve to get rid of all the stuff I bought when I had no clue what to buy and bought things "just in case" well the case will never come in some of these cases and I need to get them into hands that will use them. Reversing units, track cleaning cars, insulated joins, POWER systems...I was in a hurry due to outside factors and rushed my buying.

I resolve to get rid of all the stuff I bought when I had no clue what to buy and bought things "just in case" well the case will never come in some of these cases and I need to get them into hands that will use them. Reversing units, track cleaning cars, insulated joins, POWER systems...I was in a hurry due to outside factors and rushed my buying.
Sounds like youmight have also drank the DCC Koolaid.

I resolve to finish selling off the layout, rolling stock, structures and kits. I further resolve to dismantle the trackwork and turnouts and undo the benchwork.

Back