Magilla’s first layout build.

It’s been almost 48 hrs. Another 24 to go. 4112764B-6989-4B1E-A2D0-680C75D668A0.jpegE2BC1728-902A-444F-B33B-AB499355ADF4.jpeg4EC7E945-1833-4FCD-81B6-9784909C19AE.jpeg

What's the problem with the paint Mike ? Not sticking or covering properly?
Probably operator issue, I’m trying to use an airbrush for the first time. I tried to brush some without thinning it and it kinda gummed up on me. Hard to explain. I’ll get it figured out, hopefully, I’ve been back on YouTube.

Probably operator issue, I’m trying to use an airbrush for the first time. I tried to brush some without thinning it and it kinda gummed up on me. Hard to explain. I’ll get it figured out, hopefully, I’ve been back on YouTube.
I use Vellejo air, supposedly it doesn't need thinning, but found adding one or two drops of thinner, flow improver or water works wonders, I always thin it before adding to the airbrush so it's properly mixed, could try that. 😀

I am also avid believer in "thinning" air gun paint as well. When I do airbrush, I use Badger Model Flex which supposedly doesn't need thinning either. I still like @Smudge617 though - a few drops of Thinner and I get a better finish :)
Yeah, I thinned it plenty when I use the airbrush I just think it’s the cheap paint I bought doesn’t want to stick to the plastic very good. I probably should’ve roughed it up a little bit.

I was 20psi also. I’ll kick it up a bit and try it.

Yeah, I thinned it plenty when I use the airbrush I just think it’s the cheap paint I bought doesn’t want to stick to the plastic very good. I probably should’ve roughed it up a little bit.

I was 20psi also. I’ll kick it up a bit and try it.
I assume you washed all the parts before you assembled it ? And did you use primer first ?

Otherwise an excellent job, very nice finish, think if I ever build another Silo I'll use this one and hope I do as good a job as you have. :)

Well I haven’t done much in the last week or so, I had to move everything for flooring, that wore me out but I’m about to get back in the swing of it. I got a coat of paint on the bridges and work continues on the farmers COOP.

OK I just wanted to let everybody know I haven’t quit on the train. I’ve just had to put it on the back burner for now. It’s been yard cleanup flowerbeds, cleanup, mowing, weed eating garden planting time. I did get a new DC controller new engine and some cars.

Attachments

• A344674E-29DF-45F5-94CD-D065AD57A979.jpeg
    A344674E-29DF-45F5-94CD-D065AD57A979.jpeg
    501.5 KB · Views: 64

Back