Loco Roster

Nice!

Just curious, do you have your P2K SD60s speed matched with your other models? I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix my SD45 so that it runs with other locos.

Nice!

Just curious, do you have your P2K SD60s speed matched with your other models? I'm still trying to figure out a way to fix my SD45 so that it runs with other locos.

Ha good luck. I just run them together for drag freights. I am most likely going to scrap the 4 I have or play Baseball with them, lol. I might try to change the gears and worms to Athearn ones and see what happens but the trucks look awful, nose is wrong, cab is soso, CR Blue was purple, and you already know how they run, lol. I wonder if Athearn RTR sd60 trucks would work on these? I have them sitting on the to do rack so I am not sure when I will get to them if ever.

Mayby I will strip 3 of them and get them painted to CR and use them on the CR Ore train I have with around 110 cars. That train alone weighs around 25lbs empty with the Stewert metal bodied cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoaaa, that is a nice display case. Maybe i can convince the wife for our wedding anniversary next month. Would be nice to get everything out of the closet.

Nothing massive for me (literally! It's all N :D)-

BN C30-7 #5119
BN F45 #6620
BN F45 #6625
BN F45 #6633
BN GP39M #2813
BN SD24 #6245

CB&Q E5 #9910A <-ok so I don't have these yet, but soon!
CB&Q E5 #9911A <-
CB&Q GP7 #261
CB&Q SD24 #506

GN F7 #365A
GN F7 #365B
GN F7 #365C
GN GP7 #602
GN GP7 #636
GN SD45 #419

UP Challenger #3985

Same here. I'm planning on divesting myself of all my Amtrak equipment so those will leave the roster eventually.

I still have to bring home that Talgo Pendular set from the club.

Well if you plan to get rid of Amtrak stuff let me know as I am always looking for Amtrak. As you can see I have a bunch of Amtrak stuff.

whoaaa, that is a nice display case. Maybe i can convince the wife for our wedding anniversary next month. Would be nice to get everything out of the closet.

Thanks the bid started at $50 but someone tried to snipe me at the last second so I sniped them back. Not bad for a case that retails for around $400 - $600 from what I have seen online.

My roster is relatively light, but then I've only been in the hobby for less than a year.

All are DCC, except where noted otherwise...

CN SD40-2 6253 (IC) - Kato w/sound
CN SD40-2 6256 (IC) - Kato w/sound
CN SD40-2W 5241 - IMRC w/sound
CN SD40-2W 5247 - IMRC w/sound
CN SD40-2 6126 - Bachmann
CN SD70M-2 8000 - MTH w/sound
CN MOW HiRailer - BLI

CEFX SD90/43MAC 123 - Kato w/Tsunami

VIA F40PH 6444 - Walthers w/sound
VIA F40PH 6415 - Walthers (still DC - future re-paint/detail/sound project)
VIA FP9-A 6525 - Rapido w/sound
VIA SW1000 202 - Athearn

CP MP15-AC 1415 - Genesis w/sound

Southern Consolidated 2-8-0 722 - Bachmann w/sound

And yeah, my CN fleet seriously needs some more diversity here... I do have a couple of Genesis GP38-2Ws and a CN trackmobile on pre-order, so that'll help. Actively looking for a proper SW1500 for the yard as well.

Thanks the bid started at $50 but someone tried to snipe me at the last second so I sniped them back. Not bad for a case that retails for around $400 - $600 from what I have seen online.

ahhh, i had a feeling it was probably someone selling it and not one of those "retailers".

Where in NJ do you gotta pick it up?

Well if you plan to get rid of Amtrak stuff let me know as I am always looking for Amtrak. As you can see I have a bunch of Amtrak stuff.

Here's the stuff I plan on getting rid of:

Athearn RTR F59PHI for Amtrak California (later version with all parts factory installed)
Athearn RTR P42DC in Phase V
Bachmann Spectrum HHP8 in the Acela scheme, rewired.
Bachmann Silver Series Amfleet I coaches in Phase IVb (actual IVb, Bachmann calls it something else)
ElectroTren Talgo Pendular Complete set with 4 add-on cars (complete prototypical set)

Here's the stuff I plan on getting rid of:

Athearn RTR F59PHI for Amtrak California (later version with all parts factory installed)
Athearn RTR P42DC in Phase V
Bachmann Spectrum HHP8 in the Acela scheme, rewired.
Bachmann Silver Series Amfleet I coaches in Phase IVb (actual IVb, Bachmann calls it something else)
ElectroTren Talgo Pendular Complete set with 4 add-on cars (complete prototypical set)

Shoot me a price for the Talgo and P42.

I am hoping to head down there on a nice day and take some pics of NJT stuff like the ALP45DP and ALP46 locos.

The dual modes are getting more frequent on the Main and Bergen County lines and once in a while the pascack valley lines (diesel lines only), the 46's you can't miss'em, NJT has all the ALP44's in storage in port morris.

You might even get lucky with catching the NYSW's westbound road freight depending on what night your in the area. They've been running them with the SD60's they just got from full rebuild.

The dual modes are getting more frequent on the Main and Bergen County lines and once in a while the pascack valley lines (diesel lines only), the 46's you can't miss'em, NJT has all the ALP44's in storage in port morris.

I just need to find a safe location to take pics. I know that some areas are safer then others and don't feel like getting harassed by the police either.

I just need to find a safe location to take pics. I know that some areas are safer then others and don't feel like getting harassed by the police either.

A nice spot is Ho-Ho-kus and Waldwick stations. At Ho-Ho-kus the outbound platform you can view them coming up the triple track around a curve. Waldwick station at the northern end of the parking lot is wide open, i've been there myself. Ridgewood is also nice but they just rebuilt the entire station so i haven't been since they redid it. The first 2 stations are after the main and bcl lines merge together so you get a decent amount of passenger trains during rush hour. If the NS H08 leaves early you might even get them heading westbound to Suffern.

As for the ALP46's, I honestly have only photographed from Elizabeth station parking deck. Its literally right ontop of the NEC and at the S curve. I know you can get decent shots on the coast line but i've never gone down there.

CSX-
2 YN3 AC6000 (BLI)
1 YN3 ES44DC (in progress, Tower 55 build)
1 YN3 ES44DC (Intermountain pre-order)
2 YN3 SD70MAC (Athearn Genesis)
1 YN3 SD70M (Athearn Genesis)
1 YN3 SD60I (Athearn Genesis)
2 YN2 SD70MAC (Athearn Genesis)
1 MP15AC (Athearn Genesis)

NS-
2 C40-8 (Atlas Master)
1 SD40-2 (BLI)
1 ES40DC (Intermountain pre-order)

UP-
1 SD70M (Athearn Genesis)
3 SD70ACe (MTH MKT Heritage, 2 Athearn MOPAC/UP Flag coming)
1 SD40T-2 (DRG&W)

BNSF-
1 SD60M (green/black ex BN) (Athearn Genesis)
1 GP-38 (Athearn RTR)

I sold everything but my UP locomotives (including MTH SD70ACe UP 1988, which I will eventually replace with the Athearn version) I had before and bought a few more UP locomotives. Looking for a few more and then I can start my BNSF roster. I will be starting on a layout soon and decided on a modern western theme. Depending on how they turn out after they are painted, I may look into some MTH C44-9W's.

UP-
Athearn Genesis
SD70M 3974
SD70ACe 8669
SD70ACe 8444
SD70ACe 8334
SD70ACe UP 1982 Mopac Heritage
C45ACCTe 5252
T-55
C45ACCTe un-numbered (Permanent Trail/DPU)

BNSF-
Athearn RTR
GP-38 2257

Hmmm, almost another year goes by and the thread comes up again.

Last weekend at the local swap meet I added a Proto 0-6-0 in CB&Q paint and a Bowser 4-6-6-4 in kit form.

Back