Life-Like F40 Parts Diagram Needed

Smudge617

A work colleague has a F40 and he's in need of some help, as you can see it has some drivetrain issues, some I have, but it needs some other parts too, has anyone a .pdf file for this or knows where I can find one, I've tried HOseeker but the only diagram they have is for the can motor twin flywheel version. Any help would be appreciated.

1713476034171.jpeg

Looking at that pic, I'm wondering if the motor and driveline are even "original" to that locomotive...

EDIT:
After further posts, now I see that it is. Kinda odd, looks to me.

Last edited:
Chris That's an old one If all you need is those drive parts do you still have or know where you put those NWSL unicersal kits I sent you maybe they would fit Not sure but maybe and here's a couple things I did find

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3054966982...tngi+PTCGR8z7SM2PVqyvpxw==|tkp:Bk9SR7ya_bfeYw

and
https://hoseeker.net/lifelikeinformation/lifelikecatalog1977pg13.jpg
Thanks Mike, yes, I've still got those NSWL kits thank you, I thought they would fit, the foto you found was what I needed, the weight in front of the motor is missing, (which probably explains why the UJs are knackered). Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Wow they really make it out to be state of the art stuff don’t they, especially that working light that illuminates the interior! 😝
Good find Mike!

Wow they really make it out to be state of the art stuff don’t they, especially that working light that illuminates the interior! 😝
Good find Mike!
It probably was at the time, I've no idea when this was in production but at a guess sometime in the late 50's or early to mid-60s

Chris, why does your friend want a parts diagram for this? LifeLike went out of business nearly 20 years ago, and that engine was made over 20 years before that.

Chris, why does your friend want a parts diagram for this? LifeLike went out of business nearly 20 years ago, and that engine was made over 20 years before that.
He wasn't, I was, he got this second hand and there seemed to be parts missing but neither of us knows what, a parts diagram would show us what, if anything, was missing, and, thanks to you we know there is, the weight by the motor.

Well crap, I have one I picked up just for the shell (yellow VIA Rail Home Hardware) but threw the chassis out and mounted it on a Walthers.
Here’s a couple more sites that hopefully can add to Mikes…

If he’s real fond of the loco it will fit on other chassis.

Well crap, I have one I picked up just for the shell (yellow VIA Rail Home Hardware) but threw the chassis out and mounted it on a Walthers.
Here’s a couple more sites that hopefully can add to Mikes…

Wrong type, that's a pancake motor, the one I was after has a 3-pole open frame motor.

My son and I put two Bachman shells on blue box GP38 chassis’. We took a hacksaw to the fuel tanks, to make them look like early F40s (AMTK 200-229). One is still in service on my commuter road. I plan to run the wheels off it, just like Amtrak did with the prototypes.

Back