Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Great loads, I like the laser cut structural timber, looks very effective,

But have you no sympathy at all for your depressed centre cars, fancy loading them up with more cares of the world and expect them to cope. :p

It took awhile but I got it !! ROTFLMAO !!! thanks :)

N

Here is a load/test shots for NSE,the load was releases with a NP gon instead of a BCRail gon !!

DSCN9328.png

DSCN9327.png

DSCN9330.png

DSCN9327.png

ho/ttothemoss,Great shot there,have a question for you????? did you make or buy the drainage thingys in the picture ?? they look great !!

N

Up here in the GWN, we have a burger joint called Harvey's. Other than great burgers, they have black straws for their drinks. They make ideal pipe loads.

Attachments

• Dsc00790.jpg
    Dsc00790.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 294
They have a self serve pop machine with the straws beside the machine so a few handfuls is all you need. The steel straps are silver coloured ribbon cut in narrow strips.

So Lakeville doesn't actually rate the title of City? Have you ever seen the switcher in question? Or is that an older scheme? Ha! just re-read your earlier posts and realised the clue to the name on the cab was in there.

Wow.. excuse me while I vanish for a long time. Sorry Toot, I never saw your question. Progressive Rail's home base is in Lakeville, and actually only 3-4 blocks away from the warehouse I used to work in. I've not seen #67 myself, but I am used to seeing #36 working the Lakeville/Airlake industrial park, and #38 working the nearby city of Rosemount. I'd see either one of them every day.

And #67 does for sure say "Lakeville" on its side. I don't know much about PGR's history, but I would guess that #67 was probably their first loco since it has a one-of-a-kind paintjob. The rest of their fleet has taken on a dark blue color with white stripes, white numbers, black trucks/underbody and PGR's red diamond logo. It's very similar to the old Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern shortline.

I'm not quite sure how PGR gets away with their current paint scheme, or how they are able to operate rolling stock like this caboose when MNS was actually purchased by the Soo Line.
MNSCaboose.jpg

If you're bored, here's some Wikipedia links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Rail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis,_Northfield_and_Southern_Railway

(It's sad that I didn't realize how many shortline companies are located nearby me.)

Speaking of the MNS... what in blazes is this thing?

mns23a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good reading there, this what's so fascinating to me about US railroads, the huge variety. For a lad from NZ (boohoo about the America's Cup) who grew up with trains that were either dirty Black or Tuscan Red (also dirty), the kaliedoscope of colors is breathtaking.

But whoever designed and built that double ended loco obviously pinched the idea from NZ
image2_zpsfdf686a4.png

I stripped the Micro-Train's flatcar,repainted it with Tru-Color railbox yellow paint.Then I cut a Side-track laser trailer deck to fit and found the load in my parts box.The only that is holding the load on are the four steel cables.
N
DSCN0036_zps96fc444d.png

DSCN0035_zps7a92c887.jpg

DSCN0034_zps5ffdeeff.jpg

DSCN0034_zps025fb918.jpg

Back