Let's get LOADED!!!.....

...Speaking of the MNS... what in blazes is this thing?

mns23a.jpg

That is a Baldwin DT-6-6-2000 Center Cab, usually identified with the EJ&E who bought the lion's share of them. I saw a brass [unpainted] HO model of this at the Timonium train show this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I wish I wuz an Oscar Meyer weeeenner!

Oh, Hi Y'all!
Picked this up at an auction recently, Took it apart, weathered the deck and blocks, then put it all together.
Cant help thinking it might look better with onions & mustard! :rolleyes:
weiner car 001.jpg

Haha, glad to see you're still keeping tabs on us Larry.

I look-in about every 2 weeks. Still not interested in trains, but, miss all the guys & gals that helped me out over the years & all the people that I got good deals from. If it hadn't been for this Forum I wouldn't have been able to sell my layout in pieces in about 6 months. I only sold everything on here. No other venues.

Would never guess that structural part was made from wood. That is also an interesting flat car, unusual sides. But for the really unusual, a loco and a piece of rolling stock with minimal or no weathering in one of your pics. I suppose the 1/1 RR's did have clean, new stuff at some times.

Nice load and I checked out their other loads available on the site, pretty neat stuff.

I like your 'sweep' as well!

I'm not super happy with the way the chains turned out, but it needs a bit of weathering and she is ready to travel.

numer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That chain looks big enough to need a crane to put it over the load. Links that big look like they could weigh 30-40lb each! Put a human figure next to the chain to see how big they are by comparison. Seems like metal straps would be used for that kind of load. Or those pipes could be put in a gondola.

So this is a tale of three cars and loads.

These are the cars I started with, one bulk head flat and two pulp wood that will be re-purposed

DSCN0732_zpsw7e2rn2a.jpg

And these are the after pictures.

DSCN0744_zpspxvjfdcx.jpg

DSCN0745_zpsy8qaaamz.jpg

DSCN0746_zpseyadumqf.jpg

DSCN0749_zpsatfqonx7.jpg

David

Wow, long time no Posts here :) Where are all your loaded Cars?

Here is a Fantasy load on a depressed flat car.

Green_load_1_2000_zpspkzdavig.jpg

Great pic once again Jurg, got any close-ups of the tiedowns for that load? Interested in the colors used on the ratchets and chains etc.

This morning I painted an old Athearn motor and linkage flat black and weathered it with powders. This old motor will be a load for an flat car on my Milwaukee Northern.

Just need to figure out how to secure the load to the car bed.

The motor is off to the junk yard!

Greg

This morning I painted an old Athearn motor and linkage flat black and weathered it with powders. This old motor will be a load for an flat car on my Milwaukee Northern.

Just need to figure out how to secure the load to the car bed.

The motor is off to the junk yard!

Greg

I was told by someone on here, a long time ago now, for the main load, that a "sled" made from lumber would be made up, supported around it's edges with angled chocks, secured (bolted or screwed) to the deck to prevent end or side movement and tied down with chains as Jurg's example is. The drive shafts would be chocked as well, with chains or possibly straps, over them.

Back