Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Stunning Car Paul! For sure one of the best Cars I've seen.

best Regards
Jürg

Here's one I finished at 2am the nite before the RPM meet. It's a HO Walthers flat with a scratchbuilt pulley for a drawbridge.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The black truck in the pic is a 2008 or newer Peterbilt 389. Kenworth never had a bunk like that on their trucks, nor did they have a flat top on their hood like the Pete's do. Another distinctive feature is that Peterbilt is the only ones who build new trucks with separate headlights, everyone else has em mounted in the front of the fenders. I like the light weathering on that truck tho, what did you use??

Here is one of my scrfatch built loads. A couple CO2 cartridges from an airsoft gun. I soldered the frame from some scrap brass I had from another project. I painted the cylinders but havent done decals yet.

Not making a rocket-powered flatcar are you?! :eek:

Looks good after the painting. Kind of resembles something you might see NASA or the military carting into a secret base inside a mountain.

Yeah originally I had the idea to cut the "nuzzle" ends off of two, solder them together, then paint and dress them up as propane tanks. The first cut was horrible and I also realized that regular solder wont stick to the metal, so I just painted them as is. I think with company decals, they'll look better, just havent gotten that far.

Here is one of my scrfatch built loads. A couple CO2 cartridges from an airsoft gun. I soldered the frame from some scrap brass I had from another project. I painted the cylinders but havent done decals yet.

Wow! And just think, how many of them that I just threw away!:(

I dont have pics right now, but I've made HO scale loads using small thread spools or bobbins with 24AWG wire neatly layered to look like telecom cable. With the spools painted a dark metallic grey, they look pretty decent. I also have some scrap tubing bundled into groups to look like conduit. Some hot glue in the middle helps hold them together and keep the form.

I don't think the question was what is the pulley supposed to be representing but where it actually came from... Yes, it represents an HO scale drawbridge pulley, but where did the pulley itself come from? lol

Jürg, I'm glad it made it to you ok. It looks really good in your photos!

I described how I made it in post 401 of this thread. I made a master of half of it from a piece of turned aluminum for the rim, laser cut acrylic for the spokes and K&S tubing for the axle. I molded it, cast it twice, added some internal bracing, painted it, glued it together and stuck it on a flat car with a little bracing, a quick evening project.

I wish! It actually took me a couple months on and off messing with it on my lunch hours, figuring out CAD to make the laser files, etc. It's based on a photo from rrpicturearchives but here is another car with a similar load on railcarphotos:
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=60110

And the other ones:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPicture.aspx?id=579697

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the question was what is the pulley supposed to be representing but where it actually came from... Yes, it represents an HO scale drawbridge pulley, but where did the pulley itself come from? lol

Thanks for the help. For a non native english speaker it's sometimes difficult to understand the questions.
Greetings from Switzerland! :)

I just finished the first car with a Wind Turbine base load on an 89' flat car. I have three more to do.

P1010096.jpg

P1010097.jpg

Back