Let's get LOADED!!!.....

SDC10094.jpg

SDC10095.jpg

I got Framed on the 1st load.:rolleyes:

The other 2 are Bogey flats.:eek::cool::eek:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some more vehicles for my railroad,during my time in Pennsylvania, from Neelys train store in Altoona. I bought 4 Caterpillar water tankers,in HO scale, made by Norscot.They are mainly diecast, but not too heavy to use as loads.They cost me $10 each.
Ron

I also made a visit to Tommy Gilberts store in Gettysburg, where I bought an Athearn 60ft flat car. It seemed a little light at first,not liking to run over switches too well,but adding a couple of Abrams tanks settled it down
Ron

Then there’s the occasional Easter Egg load that the C&SFRR (Chigger & Santa Fe Railroad) hauled between 1990 and 2000. Plastic “eggs” were filled with money (bills - my kids were too old for coins by that time) and each “child” was able to select an egg, call for the train to stop, and they then offloaded the egg (non-prototypically) to see what prize they received. Most eggs contained small denominations, while one egg contained a “Grand Prize” that everyone hoped to get.

I had gotten up to a $20 bill before this nonsense came to an end....

CD in Oklahoma

And as a smoke-less tobacco user, I had to have a place on the layout for my snuff can...

CD in Oklahoma

On a more serious side (from my previous posts in this thread).... the C&SFRR hauled several electrical power transformers too.
CD in Oklahoma

Love the Snuffwell car. :D Somebody needs to make little tankers to actually haul beer from the fridge too.

Love the Snuffwell car.

Thanks. It’s a 38’ modified Athearn 5900 Husky Stack car. It’s silver because I ran it in a short 6-car MOW train that had 4 track scrubbers (SW7 Cow & SW7 Calf with abrasive pad shoes, Revell 40’ Tool Car with stones, and an IHC Wide-vison Caboose with soft pad) that I would run while working on the layout in the evenings. I normally only ran one pad on the Cow and the soft pad on the caboose, but I could drop the stones and/or add another shoe if it had been a while since I ran it. I tried liquid track cleaner in the caboose, but it made a mess of things so I quit using liquid and just ran the pad as a mop.

Somebody needs to make little tankers to actually haul beer from the fridge too.

I heard that! I never got any beer hauled, but I hauled several full miniature whiskey, vodka, & tequila bottles in gondolas...

CD in Oklahoma

Of course, to keep peace in the family.....a guy’s gotta haul a train load of kisses every once in a while....

CD in Oklahoma

I was kinda hoping this was thread was about guns and ammo lol just kidding. These loads look really good

---
- Sent from my phone

Here's one I finished at 2am the nite before the RPM meet. It's a HO Walthers flat with a scratchbuilt pulley for a drawbridge.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That pulley looks great. How did you build it, is it from metal or styrene?
Dave

I made a master of half of it from an aluminum spring retainer I cut down for the rim and laser cut acrylic for the spokes and hub. I molded the half and cast it twice to get the two halves. I made it in two pieces for ease of painting and for adding the crosswise plates inside it. The axle is a piece of K&S brass tube with the ends soldered shut. The bracing is various sizes of Evergreen styrene.

Back