Just can't help myself

I presume your asking about the engine Its a Brass ATSF hudson by Tenshodo of Japan my son bought me.Just installed Tsunami med. sound with a high bass speaker.

Its H.O must be a trick of my camera.

ATSFMaeWest-1.jpg

For those of us who don't do UTube what is it?

I think he was talking about what is Youtube... ;) Anyways, is that a home layout or a club layout??? I wish I had time/space for something like that. Also, I don't care for the paint scheme but that is one heck of a locomotive. She looks like she runs nice :D

You need some Santa Fe chair cars and maye a few sleepers, as that loco spent most of it's time on the Grand Canyon. My photos show heavyweights.

You need some Santa Fe chair cars and maye a few sleepers, as that loco spent most of it's time on the Grand Canyon. My photos show heavyweights.

Yep' its a club layout here in sunny Arizona,and yes most definetly some streamlined passenger cars are needed,need to dig around and see if we have a set on hand.
Don't care for the color scheme! Santa Fe must not either there was only the one

Yep' its a club layout here in sunny Arizona,and yes most definetly some streamlined passenger cars are needed,need to dig around and see if we have a set on hand.
Don't care for the color scheme! Santa Fe must not either there was only the one

Yeah, they couldn't keep it clean! if you can find any of the Walthers heavyweight coaches, they would be perfect for it. I have four. Too bad we aren't closer together, I have the perfect train for it! :(

Yeah, they couldn't keep it clean! if you can find any of the Walthers heavyweight coaches, they would be perfect for it.
I got curious so I looked it up. The Goose's planned assignment starting about 1938 was the Chief. The streamlining was supposed to blend better with the stainless steel than black. However the Chief during this time was a light weight consist but they still often used heavy-weight front end cars. The Goose also did time on the Fast Mail Express which was also mixed consist during that time period. I cannot find any references as such, but I am certain there were times it pulled an all heavyweight consist like the California Limited but that would be the exception rather than the rule.

Doing a little more research I turned up an interesting tidbit. Originally several of the Santa Fe passenger cars were scheduled to be "blue" series and for some reason this was cancelled. As such only one set of the 10-2-3 sleepers ended up being "blues".

I am now wondering if the Blue Goose and the Valley Flyer were experiments or first steps toward doing to a blue scheme on passenger equipment.

Back