Introduction

Hello everyone!

So I have revived my interest in the hobby. It started when I was three years old, and watching Thomas The Tank Engine every day. (I almost even wanted to become a professional Conductor for Union Pacific, but decided to bring my love of trains into something a bit less physically straining.)

Now that I'm in college, I've moved on to the more mature trains. (Although there are days that I miss the happy little trains with faces :D )

I'm starting to think about my first real layout/project. Since I'm in the middle of my undergraduate college career, it's going to be quite a while before I get it off the ground, but I'm hoping to put together a binder with research and information that will prompt me about how to construct everything, once my life is a bit more stablized.

For my first thoughts, I'm doing a report for my Writting For Business & Industry class. I am comparing different brands and manufacturers within the hobby, specifically Athearn, Bachmann, and Walthers.

I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum, I'm so happy I found it! This looks like an amazing group, and I can't wait to really dive in!

Welcome, it's a great place to hang out and there's always plenty of advise when needed!
I've started and stopped so many times I've lost count over the years, but always get back into it.
I think I know how your report will turn out, but I won't spoil the ending.

BTW: There's actually three kinds of people in this world; those who can count and those who can't. (not sure where I got that from)

Welcome! I find the hobby is a little bit of fantasy and comfort. It helps be to pass time, to imagine, to daydream, to get pleasure from the toys themselves, and even helps me to fall asleep.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

-Crandell

Welcome and howdy.

Just ask us anything, you'll get the most accurate collection of pseudofacts in the country.

Welcome aboard. Do you have a first name we could use? Your screen name is a little long. :)

The model railroad business has had many of the competitive pressures of most other enterprises in today's world, with mergers, buyouts, consolidation, and bankruptcies. It would make an interesting paper for school and I'm pretty sure you'd be the only student to pick up on the topic.

Thanks everyone!

If my screen name is too long, then feel free to call me Lukas, since that's my first name.

I also agree with you on the topic choice - I am the only one in my class to choose it, but my professor is happy since she has a bit of an interest herself.

Back