In Celebration of the CSX.

Great shots...those night shots are simply to
drool.gif
for...

Mark

Rex, Don't worry, Mrs Grande is already over the camera purchases... :D

Mark, Hopefully we'll get out for some new night shots before to long. Thanks for the comments. :)

One more for today... ;) This one was backlit, so I tonemapped it in my HDR program. It has a different look than a shot straight from the camera. Ya'll give me some feedback, pro or con...

Crossing Locust Fork at Trafford, Al
2388815560_ef571430dd_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shot of that trestle and train, Eric. Looks like it used to be double tracked at one time. What ever you did to it gives it a nice, moody look of an impending storm.

I miss cabooses to. Is that one at Cullman still in use?

Paul, The caboose was spotted in a difficult place to access for a shot. Since I was shooting across the yard I decided to go for the curved track in the composition. The intent was to lead the eye to the subject and make the best of a less than desirable vantage point.

Jim, You're correct, the trestle was double tracked in the L&N days. There was talk of going back to double track thru that area recently with all of the track upgrades but nothing ever came of it.

As for the caboose in Cullman, I assume it's still in service. That said, LGM an I shot the local peddler freight yesterday without it. :( It's been there for the last few weeks.

After looking at all these fine photos,I thought I might add a couple from yesterday,while I was down by Shannon,Ala. Grande photos as always Eric.Y'all let me know what you think of these two.William.

Thank you fellows. Tomorrow if I get the chance,I have some more,that I'll put out there for y'all to enjoy. William.

Morning all. Well,as I said last night, I had few more shots to post,so here they are. Enjoy. Uh,guys,due to a situation,the pictures will be slightly delayed.Sorry.:eek: :( .William.

This was the only CSX train I was able to photograph yesterday. I thought they turned out okay. Let me know what y'all think.William.

Nice photos, William, even if you didn't have the best lighting to work with on the day you took them. It's amazing how much that overpass in the background looks like the Rix model.

Nice work William.

Here's a new shot of slug 2247. If they don't get something new in Cullman soon, I'm going to wear what's left of the paint of this one shooting it. :D
2463621036_5015ba0383_o.jpg

Back