How to run a Roco Fleischmann H0 73330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG (DCC Ready) on a Z-21 stater set.

rupy

Rupy
Hi,
I wanted to run a Roco Flieshmann locomotive (HO 7330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG(DCC Ready) on a Z21 starter set for the first time. But the moment I put the locomotive on to the track,it started moving on its own and the controller had no control over it.The controller only showed the name of the previous locomotive which I was running(This one was the one which came along with the starter set).Do I have to do some adjustments with the decoder or something.Kindly help.

Which one would be the most suited.
Is this the same 4-4-0 loco we were talking about in the other thread? I thought it said it had a decoder in it.

I would look at the loco that came with the set, try to determine what decoder that has and buy the same. As I recall this system was using Marklien type Motorola decoders.

Is this the same 4-4-0 loco we were talking about in the other thread? I thought it said it had a decoder in it.

I would look at the loco that came with the set, try to determine what decoder that has and buy the same. As I recall this system was using Marklien type Motorola decoders.
No.The train in the other thread is an AC model.This one is a DCC starter set.I have a ROCO engine separately ordered for this.It is
Roco Fleischmann H0 73330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG (DCC Ready)

Here is a link to your loco on the Roco website.

Here is a link to the manual.
According to the manual your loco takes either a 16 pin (10880/ 10882) or 22 pin 10881/10883) decoder. It looks like the decoder just plugs into the drivers compartment of the loco. You will need to check your loco and see how many pins your loco is made to receive.

Here is a link to the spare parts sheet for your loco.

The Roco website has both 16 and 22 pin decoders for sale. You might want to contact the people at Roco to make sure you get the right decoder. If you get a sound decoder you will want to also get the speaker and possibly the speaker box to enable your loco to have sound capabilities.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:

According to the manual your loco takes either a 16 pin (10880/ 10882) or 22 pin 10881/10883) decoder. It looks like the decoder just plugs into the drivers compartment of the loco. You will need to check your loco and see how many pins your loco is made to receive.

The Roco website has both 16 and 22 pin decoders for sale. You might want to contact the people at Roco to make sure you get the right decoder. If you get a sound decoder you will want to also get the speaker and possibly the speaker box to enable your loco to have sound capabilities.

Thanks so much.Yes I have started getting aligned in the right direction,thanks to helpful people like you.

Hi,
I wanted to run a Roco Flieshmann locomotive (HO 7330 Electric Locomotive 143 579 DB AG(DCC Ready) on a Z21 starter set for the first time. But the moment I put the locomotive on to the track,it started moving on its own and the controller had no control over it.The controller only showed the name of the previous locomotive which I was running(This one was the one which came along with the starter set).Do I have to do some adjustments with the decoder or something.Kindly help.

I have fitted the decoder.Now I do not where to solder my speaker wires,since theare no wires and it is a pin only decoder.

I have a speaker which was shipped separately.I have fixed the speaker into the loc and have drawn out the two wires.But where do I connect it on the board/decoder iteself.Which points?

Thanks so much Smudge for taking so much time for me.I finally got it up and running.People like you are a boon for hobbyists.Keep it up.

Thanks so much Smudge for taking so much time for me.I finally got it up and running.People like you are a boon for hobbyists.Keep it up.
It's ok, not a problem, you'll find the guys here are real friendly and helpful. I think because of the different time zones the rest were still sleeping. :D But don't hesitate to ask anything, someone will always be along to help.

Hi Smudge,
Now that the electric is up and about,I am trying to fit my Ho Roco BR-98(DCC) with a sound decoder(Loksound 5Micro 58814).The original one has no sound,but it runs and its lights work.I replaced it with the new Loksound decoder,but only its lights work and it has no motion.I have yet to fit the speaker,but I want it moving first.The decoder has come with a separate base which is inserted into the sockets of the board in the loco.The decoder is then inserted into that base.I am sending a photo of these,alongwith the loco.Please see if you could help.

Attachments

• BR-98.jpg
    BR-98.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 47
Hi Smudge,
Now that the electric is up and about,I am trying to fit my Ho Roco BR-98(DCC) with a sound decoder(Loksound 5Micro 58814).The original one has no sound,but it runs and its lights work.I replaced it with the new Loksound decoder,but only its lights work and it has no motion.I have yet to fit the speaker,but I want it moving first.The decoder has come with a separate base which is inserted into the sockets of the board in the loco.The decoder is then inserted into that base.I am sending a photo of these,alongwith the loco.Please see if you could help.
Will the decoder fit into the loco without using the base, are the connections the same ?
Also, can you switch the headlight on and off with the controllers F key ?

Last edited:
Yes,the headlight can be controlled with the controller.The decoder does not have pins but it has cvonnections on its underside which is suppoesed to snap fit into the base which has pins to go into the board.

Yes,the headlight can be controlled with the controller.The decoder does not have pins but it has cvonnections on its underside which is suppoesed to snap fit into the base which has pins to go into the board.
Ok, Lets go back to basics, I don't now how much you know about DCC so excuse me if you've already done most of this.

you've checked that all the pins and connectors are the right way round and are fully engaged ?

Back