HO track.

The NCE Power Cab does not care what track u attach it to. You just want to make sure you have enough feeders from the buss power lines. Some say every 3’ some say no more than 6’. It a choice you decide on.

As for the track. Atlas makes very good track and decent switches. Available in code 83 and 100. Micro Engineering makes IMO a better detailed track than Atlas but for running trains probably there is no difference. The track from ME is harder to find and more expensive than Atlas. There is Peco track that some love but I have absolutely no experience with it. Walthers has come out with a new line of their track but while I have purchased the flex track for my new layout I have no experience with it yet.

As long as you have enough feeders and the track connections are solid, I doubt you’ll have any issues with whatever brand you choose

Yeah I’d say atlas track is a good place to start, they have a good selection of track, switches, and accessories.
Plus you can mix and match with different brands and codes as well with transition track too.

Yeah I’d say atlas track is a good place to start, they have a good selection of track, switches, and accessories.
Plus you can mix and match with different brands and codes as well with transition track too.
I have never used EZ-track except for a test loop, so maybe I don't qualify to answer... But, my first question is are you looking for sectional track or looking to move to flex track?

Atlas is the de-facto standard for non-roadbed sectional track despite some grievous omissions.

Peco and MicoEngineering are becoming the preferred go to for turnouts. Peco also makes some sectional, but it is hard to find in the USA.

Another competitor is the Walthers Shinohara line. I have not personally used Shinohara since Walthers took it over so cannot comment.

I discovered Hornby makes some nice sectional curves different from the Atlas, but it is hard to find inside the United States.
example 19.8" radius https://uk.hornby.com/products/double-curve-3rd-radius-r609

Last edited:

Back