Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Trees are very time consuming. This section of 8' is completed with 50 pine trees and 12 autumn foliage. This is the result.

142.jpg

143.jpg

Fantastic looking trees, when you say static grass them with 2mm static grass , are you using a static grass applicator? I’m interested as I’ve bought many trees online from china for cheap and sometimes just use hairspray and flock them up .

Fantastic looking trees, when you say static grass them with 2mm static grass , are you using a static grass applicator? I’m interested as I’ve bought many trees online from china for cheap and sometimes just use hairspray and flock them up .
Thanks Lynn,

Yes, the static grass is done with 2mm and 4mm and doing 2-3 layers at certain spots. The static applicator I use is Wws.
The pine trees I bought from China, I scrape the green stuff off, give it some paint, and then will had my own fine turf and static 2mm grass.

Just tried something different. I'm probably sure someone tried this before.
I drilled holes in a 45 degree angle every 1/2" on all 4 sides of a chopstick and then inserted tiny branches from super trees.
I then gave it a coat of spray paint, added a bit of fine turf and finished it with super leafs.
I didn't pay to much attention to the branches length and position because I just wanted to see how it would look and how the building of it would go.
What do you guys think???

IMG_8380.jpg
IMG_8381.jpg

Just tried something different. I'm probably sure someone tried this before.
I drilled holes in a 45 degree angle every 1/2" on all 4 sides of a chopstick and then inserted tiny branches from super trees.
I then gave it a coat of spray paint, added a bit of fine turf and finished it with super leafs.
I didn't pay to much attention to the branches length and position because I just wanted to see how it would look and how the building of it would go.
What do you guys think???

View attachment 172174 View attachment 172175
It looks fantastic, cant wait to get to that stage.

I've been quiet due to a problem that needed HUGE attention. A clogged pipe needed to be replace, no damaged to the layout, just the ceiling. I needed to break the gyprock section of the ceiling, needed to remove the air duct near the wall for access than the plumber, then re-install the duct. Will redo the entire ceiling next year with 2" x 2" suspended tiles....... just in case.

IMG_8578.jpg

In the mean time, It's been a while since my last video, so here's a silent update of what I consider finish on my layout. What you'll see is 40% of finished layout. Enjoy.

I've been quiet due to a problem that needed HUGE attention. A clogged pipe needed to be replace, no damaged to the layout, just the ceiling. I needed to break the gyprock section of the ceiling, needed to remove the air duct near the wall for access than the plumber, then re-install the duct. Will redo the entire ceiling next year with 2" x 2" suspended tiles....... just in case.

View attachment 173459

In the mean time, It's been a while since my last video, so here's a silent update of what I consider finish on my layout. What you'll see is 40% of finished layout. Enjoy.

Looks great, Hawkes. At 53 seconds I recognize that original dock you built several years ago, before the construction of the "big layout"

Bummer about the ceiling fiasco, you were pitched a real curve ball there.

Dave LASM

Looking just fantastic, trees layout everything, the newest tree with the skewer and scenic express bushes came out great. I really should look into creating a valance . The person you bought the pine trees from on EBay and is the same as on Aliexpress, do you recall the name? Thanks.
Thank you very much Lynn

Yes it is, but to get a better tree, you will need to do some touch ups (remove the green glitter, re-paint and finish it up with static grass)

Back