Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

It has been a while since my last post, but 2023 as not been a healthy one so far. Besides bronchitis, acute back spasm, sciatic nerve and a men's cold. I'm now back on track.
To also get you back on track, here are a few pictures until further updates. Enjoy.

2023-06-17 14-15-49 (B,R18,S10) (1).jpg

2023-06-17 14-17-11 (B,R18,S10) (1).jpg

Also building a feed mill for a friend.

IMG_6788.JPG

Attachments

• 2023-06-17 14-14-37 (B,R18,S10) (1).jpg
    2023-06-17 14-14-37 (B,R18,S10) (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
I'm lazy this morning so here is my praise along with WILLIE!
"Lloyd - Way too many other posts and life got busy, so I'm just now catching up with and commenting on this thread. The scene is excellent and the Down-line Regulator Assembly is superb."
One of the thousands of things that caught my eye is the superb treatment of the different sleepers -rr ties! Sure adds to the realism of your work - which is phenomenal in my eyes.

Another project accomplished.

I wanted a fence to separate the main lines with the sidings, mainly because of the two types of ballasts (brown and grey).

First, cut toothpicks in two diagonally and stain them.
Second, drill 60 holes for the fence posts and install them.
Third, 1st layer of static grass followed by a second layer (different color)
Fourth, cut 3 strings of 60" thread, paint them grey
Fifth, glue the strings to the fence posts using crazy glue and using Insta-set for quick gluing.
Sixth, add rusted paint along all three strings, add little shrubs here and there.

There you have it, this is how I built my fence.

117a.jpg

IMG_E7205.JPG

IMG_E7206.JPG

IMG_E7207.JPG

IMG_E7209.JPG

IMG_E7212.JPG

Thanks Willie, most of the names on my layout are all play on words. That is part of my fun on the layout.
- Gold Finger for a jewelry store
- ICU for eye glasses store
- Elwood Wood's Lumber yard
- Pet Shop Boys for my pet shop store
- Hawk's Berry Jam industry in Hawksbury
ETC

Sawtooth Surgery was the name of a place in Twin Falls Idaho that might fit right in with your other names. Named after the Saw Tooth mountains near by.

Love the play on words.

Excellent job on your modeling.

Long over due are trees, and since I have plenty of Sage brush and Super trees, I decided to give it a go.
Gluing pieces of Super trees to Sage brush with crazy glue and spraying "Insta-Set" to accelerate the bond in 2-3 seconds.
Next will come the finishing touch for hiding the joint of the branches.

I will also try and change the looks of those pine trees.

IMG_E7397.JPG

IMG_E7398.JPG

IMG_E7396.JPG

IMG_7648.jpg

Back