Gas main pipe load

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Thanks Dave. I used Heavy E Z Line for the smaller ties maybe something the supplier would use and stretch magic, a bead cord for the RR bands. I cut and painted some Evergreen tubing yellow for the pipes.

George

NYC_George

Thanks Jerome & Sirfoldalot. I bought 2 packs of Evergreen tubing then cut all the pipes close to size. I glued 3 pipes together at a time and then painted them. Then I sanded the ends nearly to length. I died the wooden spacers and then cut them to size. I glued 4 sets of 3 pipes and the wood cribbing together, that's 2 separate units. Then I sanded the units to the correct length. Then I repainted the ends of the pipes. Then I glued the E-Z Line around the pipe load. I placed the loads on the cribbing that I already glued to the car bed. I glued the bead chord to one side of the car then starched it around the loads and glued it to the opposite side. I cut the cord longer then needed because I attached a weight to the end so it would be tight around the load then cut the cord to the right size.

George

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com