Gas main pipe load

NYC_George

Now that my bridge projects are done I decided to work on some car loads. I thought a gas main pipe load would be interesting.

gas_main_load.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. I used Heavy E Z Line for the smaller ties maybe something the supplier would use and stretch magic, a bead cord for the RR bands. I cut and painted some Evergreen tubing yellow for the pipes.

George

Very nice load George!! How long did that take you?
Thanks Jerome. I would say about 4 hours total. Half the time is waiting for the paint and Insta-Cure glue to cure on the load straps.

Thanks Jerome & Sirfoldalot. I bought 2 packs of Evergreen tubing then cut all the pipes close to size. I glued 3 pipes together at a time and then painted them. Then I sanded the ends nearly to length. I died the wooden spacers and then cut them to size. I glued 4 sets of 3 pipes and the wood cribbing together, that's 2 separate units. Then I sanded the units to the correct length. Then I repainted the ends of the pipes. Then I glued the E-Z Line around the pipe load. I placed the loads on the cribbing that I already glued to the car bed. I glued the bead chord to one side of the car then starched it around the loads and glued it to the opposite side. I cut the cord longer then needed because I attached a weight to the end so it would be tight around the load then cut the cord to the right size.

George

Back