Finally, Santafewillies layout thread

there is still over 150' of main line on each level which I am thankful for.
Willie - I'm no mathematician, but I've calculated, if the layout were real, your two levels would be about 4.94 miles of mainline track. Does that sound about right.
I'm always very surprised at what HO track adds up to in real life. I've probably only got a couple of city blocks worth on my layout, if that. In my wife's mind, I've run out of real-estate.

I'm ready for the next installment here, now that the forum seems to be back to normal and picture uploads are no longer hit or miss. We left off at the Sherwin Williams Paint Distributor in the Maultown Industrial District. Next door to it, across the rail corridor is Whitaker Bros Printing. They do bulk printing and receive incoming barrels of ink and rolls of slick printing paper. Some jobs are also shipped out by rail as well.
IMG_1396.JPG
IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_6957.JPG

I still need to scenic this end where that tall structure referenced back in post # 148, once stood. But that's a project for another time.
The structure itself is a City Classics kit called Smallman Street Warehouse. It's a great looking kit and the large window expanse called for an interior. But what to put in there? I happened to have two old circuit boards that I was going to cut up for "junk" elsewhere, but I decided to use them here without modification.
IMG_2219.JPG

So I added a few figures and made one into the second floor.
IMG_2224.JPG

The figures didn't really matter so I used some cheap Chinese made ones that lack the fine detail that domestic ones have. Here's the third floor. I reversed the orientation to avoid the repetitious look.
IMG_2225.JPG

Once enclosed, it looks good.
IMG_2684.JPG

Moving over to the right (North), is another large industrial structure that has no name or function yet. It is designed to be a distribution center of some sort. It's made with lots of Pikestuff modular walls.
05-20-19 005.JPG

Next to it is Citywide Beverage Supply, which we'll explore in the next installment.
06-22-19 008.JPG

See you next time and thank you for looking.

Wow! Has it been 3 weeks ? I left off at Citywide Beverage Co. This is a Walther's kit known as Central Beverage Distributors; actually the same kit as their Magic Pan Bakery, just molded in different colors.
IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

Here's the crew on the roof trying to figure out what's wrong with the refrigeration unit.
IMG_6264.JPG

And the boss wondering what they are up to?
IMG_6265.JPG

There is still some blank unused area here in the Maultown Industrial District, but there is one other railroad customer that is set up and receiving product, Delta Fertilizer Supply. They receive bulk fertilizer in covered hoppers and bag it up for local farmers.
IMG_7736.JPG
IMG_6923.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

They also have a chute for loading bulk fertilizer into farmer's equipment.
IMG_7608.JPG

This kit is a laser-cut wood kit from Blair Lines.

That's about it for the industrial district. I'll move on to something entirely different for the next installment.
Thanks for looking.

While I visit often I don’t alway comment but please know I am impressed. The combination of your figures, buildings and track just combine to give a feeling of “I’ve been there”.

Back