Finally, Santafewillies layout thread

Time for another installment. I will continue with the city of Maultown, specifically the townhouses on either side of Oak Street.
View attachment 177083View attachment 177084
On the south side of the street are two townhouses nestled between the small park shown in post #96, and a vacant overgrown lot fitted into a small leftover space on the layout edge.
View attachment 177085
The burned out structure on the right is from Model Power, obtained back in the 90's sometime. I cannot remember the manufacturer of the one on the left.
View attachment 177086
I just recently detailed the backsides of these structures, long overdue.
View attachment 177087
Then there's the vacant lot on the end.
View attachment 177088
Across the street on the north side are three structures from DPM, on the far right is Rudy's BBQ, a local favorite here in Texas, we'll get to that in the next update.
View attachment 177090
View attachment 177089
View attachment 177091
View attachment 177092
I have been recently been painting additional figures (as documented over in the Coffee Shop), to add to the street side of this road. There are also some additions coming to the alley here, but right now they are just thoughts and plans. Probably no action until spring at the earliest. I have way too many other things on the project list to choose from first.
That's it for this edition, stay tuned. Enjoy and comment if you wish. Til next time...
Love the use of the figures, gonna look to copy that.

After a prolonged absence due to all of the holiday merriment, I have returned with the next installment. BTW, Happy New Year everyone.
We're now to Main Street in Maultown. I've posted a couple of pictures previously that showed part of the alley between Oak Street and Main Street.
View attachment 178978
On the very corner of the upper level is several businesses.
View attachment 178976View attachment 178977
On the left is a tobacco shop that was originally from the IHC "Homes of Yesterday and Today" series. I believe that the original kit was called Smoke Shop. I have made a couple of modifications. The structure on the right is Walther's Merchant's Row V.View attachment 178979
I switched the side walls so the entry door for the upper floors is now on the right.
View of the rear with an employee showing up late for work.
View attachment 178980
The upper two floors are rented by a couple of "working" ladies.
View attachment 178981View attachment 178982
View attachment 178983
They both look busy this morning.
We'll visit Merchant's Row V in the next installment.
Please enjoy the tour and thanks for looking.
Paint his hair orange lol,he would look great in a political rally

I'm back at it after a much too long break. We left off at the end of the downtown business district of Maultown. We're headed north on Highway 69 past a few businesses on the way to the Maultown Industrial Park. First though, we pass a derelict barn originally owned by the farmer who owned the narrow strip of land between the highway and the railroad. This is one of the very few scratchbuilt structures that I have attempted.
View attachment 180649View attachment 180650View attachment 180651
Moving next door, we return to civilization with a small restaurant called the Dew Duck 'N Cafe. It is one half of an older DPM Gold Series kit known as Popa Wheelies Saloon.
View attachment 180652 Joanne's interest is suddenly captivated by Chuck and his restored sports car.
View attachment 180653
Another eating establishment is next to it, a Dairy Queen which hasn't been converted to the modernized drive through yet. It's still popular with families. This is a Walther's kit.
View attachment 180654View attachment 180655
Oakleaf Shipping and Storage is next. It is a laser-cut wood kit from Bar Mills.
View attachment 180656View attachment 180657View attachment 180658

That's the ten pictures per post limit for now. More to come soon.
Thank you for looking and feel free to comment if you desire.
This rusty shed at the top is my 🤩 😻 favourite, lucky for you I do not live nearby it would go walk about :p
it needs a teenager poking their head out lol
edited….or a wild animal

This rusty shed at the top is my 🤩 😻 favourite, lucky for you I do not live nearby it would go walk about :p
it needs a teenager poking their head out lol
edited….or a wild animal
Wild animal? How about a feral cat living there?
10-31-19 003.JPG

This may not have shown up well in the other photos.

I had hoped to get another installment over the weekend, but life got in the way. But here's a continuation going north on Hwy 69 coming out of Maultown. The last two establishments visible between the track and the fascia starts with Bigglemeyer's Burger Parlor, from a Walther's kit sold as Miss Bette's Diner.
IMG_6610 (2).JPG

I added a lot of figures and some details to the interior.
IMG_6676.JPG

Next to it is The Green Door Lounge. This is a laser-cut wood kit from Blair Line. It does come with alternate signs if you don't like the name.
That's Marie the owner dancing on the porch with a customer.
IMG_6268.JPG

08-07-19 001.JPG

IMG_6267.JPG

Out back, is her daughter flirting with the delivery driver.
03-10-20 006.JPG

On the other side of the tracks is a small industrial district with a mix of businesses. Immediately behind The Green Door Lounge is a place simply called Tire Shack. I think that it is a City Classics kit that I kitbashed into the Tire Repair shop.
04-30-20 003.001.JPG

Behind it going south and across the tracks from Bigglemeyer's, is Atlas Steel Works. It's just a small metal fabrication shop. This is a laser-cut wood structure from JL Innovative Design called Rebelstoke Pick and Shovel.
IMG_6672.JPG

Right now the crew is on break except for the maintenance guys trying to repair a roof exhaust vent.
IMG_6674.JPG

This is a partial view from the layout aisle.
IMG_6675.JPG

There's another business next to it, a fuel distributor served by a rail siding, but that is an area that I haven't detailed or finished yet.
Not all of the rest of the industrial district is totally completed, but I post both finished and unfinished views next.
Enjoy this installment and comment if you like to. Til next time,

I had hoped to get another installment over the weekend, but life got in the way. But here's a continuation going north on Hwy 69 coming out of Maultown. The last two establishments visible between the track and the fascia starts with Bigglemeyer's Burger Parlor, from a Walther's kit sold as Miss Bette's Diner.
View attachment 181866
I added a lot of figures and some details to the interior.
View attachment 181867
Next to it is The Green Door Lounge. This is a laser-cut wood kit from Blair Line. It does come with alternate signs if you don't like the name.
That's Marie the owner dancing on the porch with a customer.View attachment 181871
View attachment 181878
View attachment 181872
Out back, is her daughter flirting with the delivery driver.
View attachment 181873
On the other side of the tracks is a small industrial district with a mix of businesses. Immediately behind The Green Door Lounge is a place simply called Tire Shack. I think that it is a City Classics kit that I kitbashed into the Tire Repair shop.
View attachment 181874
Behind it going south and across the tracks from Bigglemeyer's, is Atlas Steel Works. It's just a small metal fabrication shop. This is a laser-cut wood structure from JL Innovative Design called Rebelstoke Pick and Shovel.
View attachment 181875
Right now the crew is on break except for the maintenance guys trying to repair a roof exhaust vent.
View attachment 181876
This is a partial view from the layout aisle.
View attachment 181877
There's another business next to it, a fuel distributor served by a rail siding, but that is an area that I haven't detailed or finished yet.
Not all of the rest of the industrial district is totally completed, but I post both finished and unfinished views next.
Enjoy this installment and comment if you like to. Til next time,
The couple in front of the diner are so cool, I have said before and say again you attention to use of the figures is totally cool.

Back again with another set of pictures. We're moving North out of Maultown itself and into the Maultown Industrial District. This area is not quite completed yet, but all of the industry spurs and main lines are done. This section is the "turn-around" loop at the end of a peninsula, the main line is a 32" radius curve and the passing siding is about 29.75".
Overall view with a partial view of the lower level under it.
IMG_6587.JPG

That tall structure in the center is no longer there and is just a blank space right now looking for a tenant.
The industry on the far left is a Sherwin-Williams Paint distributor.
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG

The camera angle really makes that ground throw look HUGE!
Behind it is an old dismantled building and some industrial litter.
IMG_6662.JPG

IMG_7015.JPG

IMG_6665.JPG

Note the skunk meandering around back there also.
IMG_6664.JPG

There is a pair of spurs between it and it's neighbor, Whitaker Bros. Printing.
IMG_1396.JPG

Coming up in the next installment we will be visiting Whitaker Bros.
Thank you for looking.

I know you have probably showed us before, but I don't remember an overview of your entire layout.

Looks Phenomenal!

I believe you said (correct if wrong) the 2 decks are not connect. Any plans in the future to do that?

I know you have probably showed us before, but I don't remember an overview of your entire layout.

Looks Phenomenal!

I believe you said (correct if wrong) the 2 decks are not connect. Any plans in the future to do that?
Mike - That is just a partial overview, I cannot get the whole thing in at once.
Correct that the two decks do not currently connect. Connecting points are in the main lines on both decks and will require a helix to connect. It is planned to be an external helix like Brian (Beiland) has over there in Florida, however I have begun to accept the fact that it will probably not ever get built, sadly. But there is still over 150' of main line on each level which I am thankful for.

Mike - That is just a partial overview, I cannot get the whole thing in at once.
Correct that the two decks do not currently connect. Connecting points are in the main lines on both decks and will require a helix to connect. It is planned to be an external helix like Brian (Beiland) has over there in Florida, however I have begun to accept the fact that it will probably not ever get built, sadly. But there is still over 150' of main line on each level which I am thankful for.
You may have the length to get a shallow rise and hid it behind low relief, we do that, we had a helix but twice expensive trains jumped ship! So we were lucky we had the length for a slope.I suspect you could do that, but if you are happy on two levels that’s your call.

Connecting points are in the main lines on both decks and will require a helix to connect. It is planned to be an external helix like Brian (Beiland) has over there in Florida, however I have begun to accept the fact that it will probably not ever get built, sadly. But there is still over 150' of main line on each level which I am thankful for.
150' of mainline?
W0W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back