DPU on TOFC on the D&J Railroad

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
DPU on TOFC on the D&J Railroad - Video

[YOUTUBE]GAfisIvs984&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
DPU?

TOFC?

Do all of you cars have resistor wheel sets installed?

Fun to watch those longs trains you get to run.

Note to trucking Co, Fix that wobbler! And how come tailend Charlie's got his reverse light on.

Last edited by a moderator:
DPU is Distributed Power Unit.
TOFC is Trailers on Flat Car.
Some of them have resistors on the axles.
Yeah, I tried fixing that wobbling car but it either won't fix or I worked on the wrong car.
The tail end unit is supposed to have a rear facing light for safety. That is a feature that requires changing several CVs to accomplish.

Now that's a testament to your track laying skills!
I'm guessing you've tuned all those trucks, they seem to roll pretty well?

Mark R provided the solution to doing this. The following is what he provided.

By setting the following, this will provide you with independant front and rear headlight control independant of direction ....

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 2
----------------------
CV282 = 1
CV330 = 2
CV334 = 0

Be sure to set CV31 and CV32 first. With this configuration, F0 will be your front headlight and F3 will be your rear headlight no matter which direction you are travelling. F7 will dim whichever headlight is currently turned on.

You can read the entire thread on the topic here.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?35230-DPU-on-TOFC-on-the-D-amp-J-Railroad

From time to time, I hear people brag about their empires that can do this or that with perfection and better than anyone else. Unfortunately, they never post videos or have anybody who can attest to their trump all feats.
Thank you for your comments. They are encouraging.

Ken,

What you have done is no small feat. That is what I call one remarkable train room and layout.

Thanks for posting, lasm

Ken has a really awesome layout there. He's got the signals working and is working on developing some tunnels and landscaping.

Back