Did anybody see Unstoppable yet?

Motley

Was wondering if anyone went to see Unstoppable today. I'm probably gonna go see it on Sunday.

Let us know if you went and saw it, and what you thought of it please.

I went and saw it last night. I really liked the way they filmed it and Denzel/Pine did a good job. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but one thing I will put out that I didn't like was the way the identified the trains by locomotive number. A good amount was filmed at Brewster yard and it was pretty neat knowing that I stood on the exact same turn table that Denzel Washington did :D

Last edited by a moderator:
so went and seen unstoppable which was a hell of a movie it was a nonstop action from 10 min in to the movie all the way till the end i give in an 9 so i say go see if you love trains its a must see...

I saw it last night. Pretty good film as anticipated. Whos gonna be first to model the 777 or 1206?? =)

I saw it last night. Pretty good film as anticipated. Whos gonna be first to model the 777 or 1206?? =)

Athearn, most likely, in the "fantasy" line-up. I was thinking about doing the locomotives myself, but would rather avoid investing the time and money into creating custom decals and custom painting when I have a gut feeling Athearn is going to surprise us sometime soon. This goes for the Prixton Chemicals tank cars too.

Saw it this evening. Entertaining movie in that it has constant action and lots of good railroad shots. Predictable storyline. Thing that spoiled a lot of the enjoyment for me was the occasional blatant suspension of the laws of physics.

I saw a behind the scenes special on HBO, and Denzel performed most of the stunts, including running on top of the cars. It might not have been 75, I think they said like 50. But still, got to give it to him.

The director said he didn't want stuntmen or GCI.

Just got back No one was in there. Maybe 20 people.

I saw a bunch of Shit that was not safe,and WOULDN'T HAPPEN,in real life. But I did like how much detail they put into EVERYTHING. even inside the cab had the AVVR 1206 just like a real Loco. I got very happy when denzel said
"We gotta get in the hole" Then he used Both hands to climb on just like a real railroader does. It was worth the $7.75 I told my GF id see it with her, But i love Railroading to much to wait,Plus im in palm springs and shes in Tucson.

Model Railroading is Great,But Real railroading really gets my blood pumping!!!!

A technical question:
I know that all engines have a "deadman" switch that must be hit every so often to let the locomotive know that the engineer is awake. If this button or another lever/button is not hit in a certain time the locomotive will automaticly apply brakes to stop the train. In the movie (carefull a spoiler) the airbrakes where not attached to the rest of the train. In this senario, shouldn't the locomotives brakes still apply themselves?

Since they have taken the plot from CSX Crazy 8888 locomotive, i suppose the same happenend in the movie, brake where applied, but not fully, and the throttle was at 8, so the locomotive whore out its brakes and they where alrady useless when the emergency kicked in

Since they have taken the plot from CSX Crazy 8888 locomotive, i suppose the same happenend in the movie, brake where applied, but not fully, and the throttle was at 8, so the locomotive whore out its brakes and they where alrady useless when the emergency kicked in

Hmmmmm..... So eventhough the brakes where applied the throttle is still engaged and does not kick off?

Wore- past tense of wear.
Whore- totally different thing ;)

Dispatcher- I dont know enough about the technological side of the prototypes, but good question!

After all the positive feedback I've heard I think I'll just have to go watch this for myself. Even if it's not entirely prototypical it sounds like an entertaining movie.

Back