Did anybody see Unstoppable yet?

Assuming that DVDs haven't gone obsolete by the time it comes out :D
I think DVD's still have some time left, at least till the price of blu-rays come down a little more. It's getting close to that though, a decent blu-ray player can be found for under $100 and the discs themselves are finally coming down into a reasonable price range.

I'll probably get this on Blu-ray anyhow, it has a lot to offer visually and will look great on my big screen.

The sad thing is, we had the technology to produce Blu-Ray discs back in the 80s. In fact, back in the 80s, people had the capability to produce even higher capacity discs. However, some bright fellow decided that if they increase capacity a bit at a time over time, they can sell more discs and re-sell software/movies when the older formats (like VCD) have become obsolete.

Well I just got back from taking the wife and boys to see the movie. It was really good. I think we all liked it.

It actually was a train filled day for me. Not only did I see the movie but I spent the whole morning sitting over at my buddy's house while visitors from the Soutern California Yahoo Group came and checked out his little layout.

Saw the movie tonight with another couple. We all enjoyed it. There are some obvious problems to me, but I think my biggest beef is with the overall cinematography. I found the shots of the train moving to be too jerky, too much like the popular internet cam jerkiness of the late nineties. I would have enjoyed nice stabilized shots of the train coming around curves that went on for more than 1.6 seconds.

The helicopters were plain ridiculous. Period.

My last comment is a general beef against Hollywood: why is it that Everyman union guy is the salt of the earth, but the dolts, dimwits, egoists, fops, and buttholes who actually run businesses are out golfing and couldn't be bothered to miss a stroke except to ask if the stock prices might tumble a bit. Ditto for any senior officers in the military, any police chief, any DA, etc. They are social rejects to a person, but someone still promotes and appoints them to those lofty positions.

Give me a break!

Crandell

Still havent seen it yet. Saturday was my Chevelle club monthly meeting and this weekend the worlds greatest hobby on tour was in town and the model rr club im in had our layout set up there all weekend. So sunday I spent all day there and spent WAY too much money. Got to meet Scott Mason of the Scotty Mason show Podcast and bought 6 of his videos which was only the beginning. Spending the weekend with car guys and train guys is just fine with me.

Back