Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all,
It cool and Cloudy at 70.5* per the Wunderground and no breeze, tonight should be about 55 and they say clear, time will tell but I don't think so?

Well Hello Flo & Francine, my favorite Waitresses, how are things to day here at the Dinner? I guess I have a Burger with fries and a Chocolate Milk Shake, I'll probably want more Coffee after wards too if I should get into a long discussion with the guys. Gosh your looking cute Francine, what did you do differently to yourself today?

Say Jeffery: The situation about the young lad getting the tractor mired down in the mud brought back memories of the guys drilling the first Hard Rock Water Well on the place when I first moved up here with the folks over 45 years ago. So even adults can get themselves in trouble when they should know better. The well drillers, of local Indian background to and familiar with the area, at least to some extent, had a well drilling rig that was totally self contained on one truck. The darn thing weighed 40 tons as they said. It had rained fairly good here and they did attempt to wait till the ground dried out a bit but didn't wait long enough. They got the rig in place and drilled the well but it turned out to be too minimal amount or water and he guaranteed a well that produced enough water for a home and garden and was a man of his word and was going to move the rig down front where the well is now. He knew how to witch for water and found it out front!

But in the process of drilling the back hole even with large planks to place under the leveling feet on the Ingersoll Rand Unit it slowly sank in the mud right up to it axels, literly! They had to do a lot of digging and I helped too but even placing heavy planks under the wheels that were loaded with mud they couldn't get traction due to the clay soil which is slick as grease when it's wet. [I was just called out to go on Varmint control patrol with the pellet rifle. Never could get off a shot as they scattered too quickly.] Back to the incident: So they had to call a local guy to bring over his D8 Cat and even then it was a bit of a job to drag him out and the well rig had all wheels turning trying to gain traction too, but finally they got him free but what ruts were left behind.

As far as work on the C&S SL I'm going to get started building at least two #6 Right curved turnouts and a third #6 Left curved turnout and I need to more # 5's, one of each R&L.

Have an enjoyable day of RR'ing!

Exxon Mobile?:D
I chuckled at it.

Time for me to call it a night.

Had to go to my parents place several times today. Left knee hurts like hell and I'm wondering if I'll even be able to go anywhere tomorrow. I smacked it against a concrete step yesterday and while it didn't make a bruise there is a bit of a lump there. The Shell Service Center scene is no more. I pulled it up today. All that remains on the site is a support brace or two that held the wires and a couple of lights. As for the structure I'm pretty sure I've found it a new home with a modeler who expressed an interest in it. I have no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow. That all depends on if I can even get out of bed in the morning.

P1010844.jpg

Say Jeffery,
Sure looks like that was one heck of a Tornado that went through the place!!

Your Knee,
Have you ever tried, 'Supper Blue Stuff or Blue Goo'? Walmart is where I got the last tall squeeze tube and I've used it myself. It's quite effective and you can usually feel some relief in about 5 minutes. It's not too costly either.

Hope that helps?

Good Morning!!

We be getting sun and a high of 60F today..currently we are sitting at 27F...

I was a busy little fellow yesterday..seemed that we had a few emergency calls that needed attending to..so I am somewaht behind on the reading here...:rolleyes::eek:

Good morning. It's 69° and cloudy. The high will be 85° and it will be partly cloudy.

Nothing special today. I can get around albeit slowly. My father is working today so I have to go down in a bit to get my mother her morning meal. I'm looking forward to that like a root canal. No plans for the layout today. I did get a chance to run some trains last night. Gave me a chance to push a Bachmann cleaner car ahead of the train to wipe the rails where dust from the Shell Service Center settled on the track in an area I can't easily reach. My niece and her husband have opened the pool behind my parents place and are saying it'll be ready for use by Tuesday. Bully for them. I haven't used the pool since about the time hurricane Rita roared through and see no reason to do so now.

P1010662.jpg

Sure looks like that was one heck of a Tornado that went through the place!!

That was my thought too! :p Need some folks with cutting torches and you'll have a mini scrap scene.

Good morning All. I see we have some sun here on my end.

Well, my attempt to help my mother today came to a sudden, painful and abrupt end. She had just finished her breakfast so I got up to collect her tray. I hadn't taken two steps when my left knee gave out and gravity took over. My leg folded up and I slammed down hard on my left knee just before doing a face plant into the floor! So now I had a knee that felt like it was on fire and a busted nose spewing blood. I remember being more concerned about not making a mess of the rug and I rolled to the left where the floor is bare concrete. At least that's easier to clean. I did manage to get back up but I couldn't hold my weight on my left leg without the knee being real wobbly and standing on my right leg is pretty hard as there's not a foot to stand on. My right foot is rolled ninety degrees so the part that contacts the ground is the end of the shin bone. I have to wear a special boot just to walk on that and supporting my weight on it is out of the question. Try standing a two foot 2x4 on end and standing on it. You'll get my point. So I managed to get home OK but now there's not much I can do.

Sorry to hear the bad news, Jeffery. I can only imagine how painful that is for you. We had an old farmer here that had a problem with his foot that sounds very similar to yours. Looked to be very painful just sitting, let alone standing or walking any distance. Hope you get better quickly.

The foot doesn't hurt very much, in fact most of the time I don't feel it at all. Feeling pretty much stops at the bottom of the knee except bone pain. From the knee up though is very lively.

Good afternoon everyone,
It's sunny and warm, lets see what WU says is the verdict?

Now Clear, Temperature 77.0 °F
Feels Like 76 °F
Wind(mph) 0.0
Sunrise / Set 6:05 AM/ 7:47 PM
Moon First Quarter
More Astronomy
Today Clear 86 °F
Tonight Clear 55 °F

Last night after I posted I did manage to get some things done toward helping me make up the turnouts I'll need by creating three different boards with the track templates affixed in place with clear packaging tape so I can use some glue stick to hold the PC strips in place so I can tin them and solder the cleaned rail web to them. Using this method along with some three point track gauges it simplifies the work considerably.

Ya, Mike,
I'll have to agree, a guy or two with Oxyacetelyne torches and the two taks would have fit in perfectly after the tornado. When they got over the electrical lights it would be like an early Forth of July!*!

Speaking of lights it would be interesting to learn how rural stations handled the lighting which must have been Kerosene lights in the Lamp Posts? That something I'm going to have to add to my layout. Life Like had some cute little street lamps that would lend themselves perfectly as they weren't too tall as though ment for a lamp lighter and would probably look good at the three or four stations I'll probably have on my layout. This would also be good reason for my Kerosene storage and pumping facility and be good reason for a Knoding-Donkey Pump too. You know I think things are coming together.

Say Jeff,
If your situation is pretty bad with your knee and foot you need to find out about having in home care come out to fix your Mom here meals when you can't. Your probably way ahead of me on that though. You can only do so much and it seems now is the time you need help and fast too!

As far as your knee:
I have a similiar problem with my Left Knee/leg as it feels like the muscles want to give out on me in the knee area and I also have a bit of muscle pain at times. I've found that my problem is from drinking too-oo much Coffee and not drinking enough water or juices to keep the proper fluid balance in my system. Could that possibly be your situation too? Even drinking the Walmart brand of Vegtable Juice works wonders as well as adding the needed potassium that coffee depletes. Problem for me is I like Coffee but maybe now with the warmer weather I'll get back to drinking more water and juices.

Hope everyone has a great day!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
David: I think the last time I drank coffee was when I was still working at the wood shop building office furniture, desks and such and that was maybe six years ago possibly longer and I can't remember the last time I had a glass of tea. I drink lots of water, usually flavored with those little drink mix things made for adding to bottled water. Once in a while (three to six times a month) I'll have a Dr Pepper or Mountain Dew. I drink very little alcohol though I'll sometimes find a nearby party and get smashed though that's been a while ago. The last few months I've had maybe four beers total. About the wildest thing I usually drink is cranberry juice or orange/pineapple juice because that's what my parents usually have laying around. But even that's only a few times a month. One thing I avoid like the plague is those so-called energy drinks. They're just concentrated sugar and should be avoided by all diabetics.

Time for me to call it a night and limp back to the bedroom. No work on the layout today. I did run one train led by the Frankenstein F unit trio. As far as I know my father will be home tomorrow so he can take my mother to the places she needs to go to get new picture ID's made and get her missing credit cards and medical cards replaced. I know he's gonna have fun doing that. We know her purse wallet is in the house somewhere and it'll probably surface after everything in it is expired. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1946.jpg

Good Morning

Dull will be the name of the game here for the next few days...dull and dribbly that is.:rolleyes:

Got some stuff to do today..which will fill the day...dang HD list:(........like it did yesterday. Cleaned the basement out, cleaned the attic out..now it is take stuff to the dump day..and clean thatch from border gardens and other such items of woe.......:eek:

You all have a nice day....:)

Good morning! I'm at home this morning and even though it's a foggy 56 degrees it's a great day because my boy came back from Texas for a short visit. That makes any day a great day!!

Going to have a good time today and maybe have a cookout if the rain stops like they say.

Good morning. It's 69° and mostly cloudy with patchy fog. The high will be 88°, partly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Nothing on the schedule today. I was thinking about doing a little layout work but putting my weight on my knee just once nixed that idea. The idea of just sitting back and watching some movies on the idiot box is looking rather appealing.

P1010596.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back