Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning...

Going to be sunny today with a high of 49F...going to be windy though..up to 35mph forecast here...

Got some stuff to pick up from work today then it is on-call weekend time for this'un...:eek:

Good morning All! It's 34°F and cloudy here. Gonna swing by the Broake & Howe RR shops a little bit later and snoop around. Have a great day Folks!

Good Morning from central ohio. 40 degrees and sunny.

Wanted to say hello to Patrick (Unfettered) in Wichita....because I was lucky enough to live in Wichita Kansas in my youth from 1965 to 1968. It may have been the friendliest nicest place I ever lived...(although here in mt vernon is great too). I was 10 to 13 years old during my time there and we rode our bicycles for miles through brand new gigantic storm drains under the city. Beechcraft, Cessna, Boeing and Learjet all had factories there and we went on an awesome tour of the Beech plant on a school field trip. Wichita = Air capitol of the USA.

At one point we lived on yale ave between first and second and the Frank Loyd Wright designed Allen-Lambe house was right around the corner from us. That was a wonderful neighborhood and on halloween many families had big BBQ cookouts in their garages or driveways. We rode the bus downtown for next to nothing and just roamed free all over that town. Great place!

Good morning. It's 71° and cloudy. The high will be 85° and it'll be partly cloudy.

From outward appearances it appears I have today to myself as my father is home and can tend to my mother's needs. However there's no telling what he might cook up for me to do. Nothing I hope. I woke up in pain this morning and it'll likely remain with me all day. This constant running back and forth isn't doing me much good. I may be able to do some layout work today. One of the projects involves giving one of the scenes on the layout the ax so I can build something else there. That scene is the Shell Service Center. Not sure what I'll do with the building as it's a bit large. I may just scrap it altogether. I The scene is nice but does nothing and takes up a lot of space that could be used for other smaller scenes.

P1010842.jpg

Good afternoon all,
It started out a sunny day but cool at 48 but then changed and became very overcast and then cloudy and now partially cloudy with blue skies. As Samuel Clemmens said about the mountain areas here. "If you don't like the weather, Wait a minute"!

Say Jeff: I'll go along with Mike and say save the building as it looks to be in very good shape and should be able to fetch a fair price on ebay. My other friend John has bought a number of buildings of ebay but generally somewhat damaged which yours
does not appear to be in any way so it should command more.

That reminds me I need to pay for a little 0-4-0 loco I just got from there!

Sa Mike: The lurer of the hobby shop to see what's around?

Good Railroading,

Say Jeff: I'll go along with Mike and say save the building as it looks to be in very good shape and should be able to fetch a fair price on ebay. My other friend John has bought a number of buildings of ebay but generally somewhat damaged which yours does not appear to be in any way so it should command more.
I don't sell on Ebay. I only sell direct.

Well as I guessed my father came up with things to do. Go to Wal-Mart with him to do some shopping. I had some trouble finding a good cart. First two I found seemed good but I had to limp them back to the front because they died after five minutes. Third time was the charm. Wasn't all bad. I got a big bag of BBQ chips, box of Ritz crackers, 24 pack box of extra butter popcorn , pack of cheese and a 16 pack of Duracell AA batteries for my soldering tool. about $22 before tax, and he paid for all of it. When we got back to their home he and I made tacos for us and I made my homemade chicken soup for my mother. She doesn't like the store bought stuff mach but boy she dive into this. She wanted it a bit spicy this time so instead of using regular low sodium V8 I used spicy low sodium V8 and a little Tabasco sauce. She loved it. My father put down four tacos, I put down ten. I hadn't had anything since early this morning. In the back yard a comedy was unfolding. My niece wanted the old burn pile back there relocated to the marsh at the bottom of the property. So her husband talked to his little brother who went and borrowed a Long tractor with a front loader bucket and a box blade from a friend. Everything was fine as he went down into the yard to the burn pile. He scooped up the first load from the burn pile and headed to the edge of the marsh. It went up to the frame faster than you could get halfway through saying 'Jack Robinson'! No surprise to me as that whole area had been underwater two weeks ago. I can't even drive the old Peerless tractor/mower through there without it sinking. Well first he tied off to a huge old yellow pine and tried pulling it out with a cumalong. He broke that. So he brought his 4x4 GMC (would you believe the spell checker didn't know what GMC was?) truck down there and tried yanking it out with that. No dice. Only one rear wheel and one front wheel was pulling and as soon as one lost traction the other one would stop. Seems if you want a good 4x4 you gotta get a Jeep or a Ford. It was fun to watch. Me, my niece and my sister had ringside seats! Yelling, cussing, engines roaring, mud flying all over. It was better than watching Monster Jam on the Speed channel. I left from down there around an hour and a half ago and the tractor was still buried. I haven't heard a tractor come up the road yet so I have to assume it's still there.

Well time for me to call it a night. I'm sore and hurting and am sure going to be glad to see the bed. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012842.jpg

Good Morning all at 3:55Am,
I have no idea of what the weather is as I'm too tired to check, it's been a long night but fun and productive too!

Talk with you later!

You don't want to wander too far north, south or west of the location of the Allen-Lambe house now.
Probably not much you'd recognize from the 60's. I moved to the area in the mid-70's and sometimes I barely recognize that area as it once was.
Happy Saturday. 42 degrees with sun peeking through. Supposed to rain later. High 48. Staying cool lately.....ok with me.
Thanks for the update on wichita Patrick. Same thing happened to the once idyllic roaring fork valley between aspen and glenwood springs colorado...after I lived there 27 years.

Thinking about ordering a 30oz. shaker of woodland scenics green grass today to cover my layout platform.

Mike

Good morning. It's 75° and partly sunny. The high will be 85° and partly cloudy.
Well, as I reported yesterday my nieces husbands little brother got a very heavy tractor stuck in the marsh that is the lower east side of my parents back yard. When I left there last night it was still mired in the muck. Later they had several more folks show up to help and sometime last night got it out of the hole and made a fair mess of the yard doing it. Maybe later I can get a photo of the area in question. One thing for sure, I bet he won't be in a hurry to do that again. So goes life at redneck central. I've already been to my parents place this morning and prepared breakfast for my mother. It wasn't pleasant as my left knee is hurting pretty bad. All that activity yesterday I guess. Today if I get the time to do it I'll be removing the Shell Service Center from the layout. I don't have much space to store it without breaking it down but I don't want to just toss it out either.The vehicles aren't a problem as they can be packed in a box in the closet.

P1012847-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back