Coffee XXXII Apr. 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day from mount vernon, down under from cleveland. 61 now, 75 later, slight chance of T-storms. Algebra homework today, class this evening. Plotting points with rectangular coordinates. Luckily no converting between decimal, binary, and hexidecimal number systems like in computer school six years ago.

With others areas of my life not being anything to boast about, doing well at math and model trains gives me some comfort. Here's hoping you all find suitable inspiration today.

Mike

Good Evening...

We got rained on 5 times today...did I get much done?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm not a happy camper..because the way the weather looks I might be doing the in and out thing through the week..which will mean that train time can be somewhat muted....

So...anyhow, I'm off for the rest of the day to do some other stuff...in the basement...

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1801.jpg

Good Morning All,
Thought I'd stop in before calling it a night or should I say morning at 2:40Am.

The WUnderground says:
Now it's Clear Temperature is 56.8 °F - Feels Like 57.0 °F
Wind(mph) 0.0
Sunrise / Set 6:03 AM / 7:48 PM
Moon Waxing Gibbous Sounds like some type of Monkey? LoL
More Astronomy
Tonight Clear 55 °F

Tuesday Clear 73 °F
Tuesday Night Clear 52 °F

I thought I'd make a suggestion to aide in helping to bring in more revenue for the forum.
How about if we each make note of the sites we clicked through on so the moderators can keep tract of expected revenue as well knowing we are each doing out part of viewing the sites. What do you guys think of that?
This morning I click through on 3 sites; The Wood stain, Nasonex & Google. Lets keep it going.

Say Bill: Now that's an interesting shot for sure. Hope you don't mind if I enhance it so it a bit more viewable? It looks as though it's a bit difficult to climb up into the shanty?

90213[/ATTACH]"]
A2-BillTidlersElevatedSwitchmansShantyJpg1.jpg

Have a good morning, see you guys & gals later

Attachments

• A2-BillTidlersElevatedSwitchmansShantyJpg1.jpg
    A2-BillTidlersElevatedSwitchmansShantyJpg1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
Say Bill: Now that's an interesting shot for sure. Hope you don't mind if I enhance it so it a bit more viewable? It looks as though it's a bit difficult to climb up into the shanty?
Have a good morning, see you guys & gals later

I don't mind but your "enhanced" version looks washed out on my monitor and actually less viewable. :confused:
There is a ladder on the unseen side to get into the tower. It is in Kokomo IN (NS/NW/NKP/LE&W-IMC Dist.) and is (was) used to turn street traffic lights red when a train came downtown.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 63. High supposed to be 84.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning...

That is about it..foggy, misty, blagh....:mad:

I'm at the office right now trying to rewrite an entire report ....grumblegouchmumblesnort.:mad:

Oh well, got some traintime in last night ... actually ran 6 trains and not one developed a case of the splits, derails, rearendos or any other kinds of accidents or incidents...:rolleyes::)

Have a good day all!!:)

Good morning. It's 65° and cloudy with fog. The high will be 88° and it will be partly cloudy.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing today. Internet service is acting weird this morning. First it's fast then it's slow. Hope some idiot didn't try doing his own connection. It's happened out here before. I hope to get at least a little layout work in today. Ran some trains last night. The GP7's and GP9's got some mainline time as did the F units. I brought the GP38 and SD27J down off the display rack and ran them also.

DSCN1811.jpg

Heading into town to pay bills, get groceries and gas. Have to go to post office to send off a package to New York state.
Be back later.

Good morning All! We've got 48°F here. Cloudy too!

Don't I wish! It's 88 in T-town and heading for 90. We had 91 yesterday. There hasn't been any rain in weeks and everything is dry, as an old dog bone. (I hate summers in Bama Country!!!)

Got the bills paid, some groceries bought, package delivered. Gas was $45 for twelve gallons (filled up from half a tank). Picked up a big bottle of Pennzoil 10-W30, oil filter and two cans of Restore Engine Restorer for the van. May get a chance to change the oil this weekend if not before. Had to cut back on the groceries to get the stuff for the van but I should have enough in the cabinets to cover and my food stamp card gets reloaded on the 3rd. Just $46 but it's better than none. Van vapor locked then flooded at Wal-Mart. I cleared it by holding the gas pedal to the floor when I cranked it over. After a few attempts it fired with the pedal still to the floor. Danged thing sounded like a Hemi firing up! It sure turned a lot of heads not to mention turning my face red. One guy asked me what I had in it. He didn't believe me when I said a stock 318 with a two barrel until I showed him. He said it sounded too good to have that tiny carb on it. If it had anything bigger I couldn't afford to drive it!

Well I can't work on my layout until I get a paycheck coming in so's can get some supplies....but am keeping my microtrains N scale FT loco set lubed up and it hauls the 36 car train around about 18 feet of track really fast. Amazing how it all stays on the track at those speeds. Oh...yeah, occasionally there is a fairly realistic massive derailment and associated destruction with serious environmental impacts. Then the authorites get all bent out of shape and want to know what went wrong?....and start asking all kinds of questions. "Have you had the proper training?", "Did you know how fast you were going?" and all this nonsense. Sometimes I just feel like saying..."geeeezz...well excuuuuuuuuse meeeeee!!!!!".....you know? :rolleyes:

Good Evening.

All done in the getting yard cleaned up department..did not rain today...but, boy, was it dull....

Going to actually have some people over later to run some trains..let us see how that goes...

Well I can't work on my layout until I get a paycheck coming in so's can get some supplies....but am keeping my microtrains N scale FT loco set lubed up and it hauls the 36 car train around about 18 feet of track really fast. Amazing how it all stays on the track at those speeds. Oh...yeah, occasionally there is a fairly realistic massive derailment and associated destruction with serious environmental impacts. Then the authorites get all bent out of shape and want to know what went wrong?....and start asking all kinds of questions. "Have you had the proper training?", "Did you know how fast you were going?" and all this nonsense. Sometimes I just feel like saying..."geeeezz...well excuuuuuuuuse meeeeee!!!!!".....you know? :rolleyes:
I know how it is on the money thing. My total monthly income is less than $700 so there's not a lot for the trains. Gas prices pretty much killed the MR budget. On derailments, you would have loved one I had a while back. I have several sets of locos put together in permanent consist. This includes wires going from one loco to the other to join the pickups of BOTH locos together as one. Anyways I was working on the layout while a pair of consisted GP9's were pulling a train around the layout. I accidentally knocked the lead loco off the rails. In a normal consist the lead loco would have stopped because it no longer had power coming from the rails. Not with my setup! Even though all eight of the locos wheels were off the rails it was still pulling! It was still getting power from the second loco and was going on like it had a mind of it's own. It smashed through a line of cars on another track and hit a loco beyond them knocking it off the track. Both GP9's ended up jack-knifed on top of a hapless F3 with several hoppers lying on their sides withing the wreckage. Didn't lose as much as one handrail.

Didn't lose as much as one handrail.
That was pretty lucky from the sound of it Jeffrey. Really like your emd F7's or which ever F-units they are.....and nice pics of your layout. Going to put a 1" x 3" guard rail around the edge of my platform after I lay the grass on it.....to keep wrecks from going over the side.

Yeah the money thing has been hard with my back condition interfering with making a living. Lucky I got into an excellent tech college and hoping that gives me an edge in the job hunt and exploring student employment opportunities at the moment.

Mike

I don't mind but your "enhanced" version looks washed out on my monitor and actually less viewable. :confused:
There is a ladder on the unseen side to get into the tower. It is in Kokomo IN (NS/NW/NKP/LE&W-IMC Dist.) and is (was) used to turn street traffic lights red when a train came downtown.

Hi Bill:
Thanks for mentioning that to me. I have my monitor adjusted according to the Spyder calibration program so that what I see on it is also what I will print out for customers and believe the adjustment is very close to being correct.

I'll admit that my corrected/enhanced image of the shanty is considerably lighter than your image but to me shows more detail.

I run my monitor intensity at about 85-90% of full brightness and adjust the contrast accordingly. I take a little while to get used to viewing the dimmer screen but colors are more precise that way.

An easy way to adjust the monitor intensity is to view a grey scale so you can see the separations in not only the White squares or bars but also the black. The above is is one type of calibration and the below method does not use any definite division marks between the various Grey tones in either of the two bars going from Black to White and back again. My monitor does not show banding or vertical bars to denote the separations it smoothly varies from White through the Greys into the Black.

Hope this helps?

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/monitor_gradient.htm

Don't I wish! It's 88 in T-town and heading for 90. We had 91 yesterday. There hasn't been any rain in weeks and everything is dry, as an old dog bone. (I hate summers in Bama Country!!!)

Say Rex,
I pity you but know the hot weather will be here too shortly and I don't like it either. Things get very dry and dusty out here too!

In fact I need to get the starter repaired on the tractor so I can mow a lot of the higher grass down, it's between 1 to 2' tall as is in many areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back