Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

Well last night I finally changed my Photobucket account to the new version. It didn't take long to figure it out and discard most of the things I don't want, like thumbnail IMG tags. I know some had a problem with those. So far the only thing I don't like is they did away with pages and everything is in one long string that reloads when I get to the bottom of the screen. That's a big bother if the photo I want is near the end. Maybe I can look around and possibly find a way around that.

I've already told them I don't like it, but of course after paying someone to "Jazz" it up, they ain't gonna listen are they. So now I see we've no longer got a choice, so it's ultimatum time with a "sweetener" thrown in.

Least I'll know who to ask. :D:p

But what would you expect, my truck also came with the 4WD tranny, but didn't have the front diff for it. The transfer case on the side of the tranny was there, the supports for the extra drive shaft was there, but not the axle. Go fig.

That's what's known as a Friday arvo car.

I got a JVC video camera today. Model GC-FM1. I got it for a good price. F-R-E-E. My father was going through some of my mothers things this morning when he found it. Still in the box and never been used. She bought it years ago to use when she went on her next vacation. That vacation never came and it sat in a drawer of her desk forgotten. I looked it over and told him I'd like to have it. After a few seconds it was mine. I brought it home and charged it while I read the manual. Pretty simple and straightforward. I then recorded a short video with it and uploaded it to Photobucket. Here is that video.

th_PIC_0020.jpg

Toot;

What it was didn't bother me. I had it until 2001, and it had over 290,000 miles on it. The AC and Radio had stopped working, and the metal back to the drivers seat had broke, but a weld fixed that. Mechanically, it was as solid as the day I bought it. In fact, the next day they had to do some work on the truck that I traded it in on, but I couldn't have the Bronco back as a loaner because someone had already come in and bought it and it was already off the lot.

Toot;

What it was didn't bother me. I had it until 2001, and it had over 290,000 miles on it. The AC and Radio had stopped working, and the metal back to the drivers seat had broke, but a weld fixed that. Mechanically, it was as solid as the day I bought it. In fact, the next day they had to do some work on the truck that I traded it in on, but I couldn't have the Bronco back as a loaner because someone had already come in and bought it and it was already off the lot.

Ah! they must have got the one that was ahead (or behind) yours on that friday afternoon, you know, the one that had the front diff and shafts but no transfer case.:p:rolleyes:

Toot;

FORD = A little bit of mystery....for a whole lotta miles! :rolleyes::p

Mike

Good Morning:

Talking about trucks, I had a Silverado bought in '92 that I traded in 2008, with 250k miles. I still see it around town. Downside was the 2008 version which was a disappointment, to say the least.....I traded it in '08. Miss having a truck, so many things you cannot do with a car :).

A coastal storm is suppose to develop over the next 24 hours, NOAA says one thing, Weather Channel another, and local (NY) TV something else.......sorta like the surprise snow storm that developed right after Sandy.....they didn't have a clue until it was over......We will soon find out, though.......:).

I have a few errands to run, then maybe I'll do some work on the layout. Have not touched it all week. Too many good hockey games of late. Go Devils!

Have a great day!

Joe

Good morning. It's 58° with 97% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be cloudy with a high of 72°.
condmc-1.jpg

Not a lot on my schedule today unless somebody changes it. The layout is in dire need of a cleanup but I just haven't gotten to it.

I've figured out all the little things on the new video camera. I have video resolution set 720p (1080p is max, QVGA is min) and still photo resolution is set 5 mp (8 mp is max, QVGA is min). It weighs 3.4 ounces, records to an SD card (up to 32 gb), it has macro mode, lens aperture - F/2.8. The zoom is 4.0x digital zoom. The internal software though is pretty lame and the buttons are hard to use. Y\I have to be really careful with them. Some joker decided it should be blue (purple passion but looks blue to me) with gray characters. Both colors that I have trouble seeing. The AV interface is composite audio/video and HDMI. The unit is about as big as a deck of playing cards.

PIC_0026.jpg

FORD = A little bit of mystery....for a whole lotta miles! :rolleyes::p

Mike

I've always gotten very good service out of my vehicles except for 1. It was a dodge, and although we bought it new, by the time we got rid of it with only 39,000 miles on it, it had been through 5 engines. That one was a lemon. But from college, we've been able to get at least 100K miles out of every other vehicle we've owned, with my Toyota short bed pickup being the best. We got 490K miles out of it! Only thing I ever had to do to it repair wise was put in 2 clutches and a slave cylinder on it. We still saw that truck running around Mobile for another 7 years after we traded it in, so there's no telling how many miles it actually wound up with.

Although my late father-in-law swore by Mopars, I never had any luck with Chrysler products either. Usually I get 100k+ out of them, although that gets harder to do since I don't drive as much any more.

I'm still not sure what tomorrow's weather will bring, as some forecasts call for mostly rain, while others call for heavy snow. One thing for sure, by this time tomorrow, we will know which forecast was right.

Devils beat Tampa Bay 4-2....Go Devils! :D Maybe I'll get some work on the layout done Friday.

Joe

well I've got 360k on my old Jeep so far... But it's a pre-Chrysler design.

One of my HS buddys bought a '47 Willys USN Surplus Jeep, which a group of us teamed up and repainted/repaired, and used as an on/off road vehicle. I actually learned to drive and got my license with that Jeep.

Chrylslers newest products appear to be substantially better than their '70s and '80s offerings. my youngest son bought a Jeep for day to day drives between Oceanside CA and Camp Pendleton. He uses it more than his Roush Mustang, and enjoys it with no complaint.

My last Mopar experience was with one of Iococa's '85 LeBaron Ks, which died 79k miles in '89. Chrysler rep told me I abused it by driving it excessively. It wasn't designed to be driven that many miles. Never bought one again.

Joe

Back