Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Good morning. It's mostly clear, dark, and 59. My back woke me up, so now I am trying to find quiet stuff to do until the rest of the house wakes up.

Morning gang!:D

63 ,,going for a high of,,,get this,,68 F today,,,,,,ahh yes, fall is finally here!:D

Wont be long til were raking leaves, stacking wood, and sippin cider!:rolleyes:
Ohh yeah,,and modelbuilding cuz it will be too chilly to futz with the cars or an outdoors honey-do list!! Sweet!!;)

Goin to a cat show today with the wife and JR. Gotta meet some breeders, get on a waiting list, (yes,,another furball!),then the Cub Crapette gets its 1st time to work since the repairs,,oh,,and I have to take the leaf blower to the garage. There is grass everywhere from testing the deck after it was reinstalled last night!!:p

Cya later!

Oh man, whats with all the negative energy man! You're crampin my style, bringing me down with all the bad vibes....It aint too groovy dude!

(OK, sometimes I channel Oddball from Kelly's Heroes!)
Always with the negative waves Karl, always with the negative waves. Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? Arf arf arf... That's my other dog impression. :D:D

Good morning. It's 65° and the humidity is 92%. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 88°.
cond026.gif

Nothing special planned for today. I may get some layout work in later. Much of the day will be devoted to taking it easy and staying off my feet.

DSCN0446.jpg

Well it's hotter here than the forecast said it would be. Supposed to be a high of 88 and here it at 92. Earlier I got bored and went down to work on the tractor some. Knew it was a waste of time when I went but with all that's going on family wise I needed to blow off some steam. I got the idler and tension pulley mount off the bottom of the tractor. It has one long bolt that goes up through the frame and sub-frame. This bolt has a three inch spacer on it that's rusted to the bolt and won't budge no matter how much force I put on it. It's a four hand job anyway so after a while I just left it as is. Already I was feeling the numbness from the stress of the job spread and the sun was working it's way over into my shaded work area so I collected my tools and left before I got into real trouble. I think I'll just relax for the rest of the day.

Nothing to put in LR?

Wow! Today I scored an awesome new upstairs apartment in a large old house near downtown. My place is sooo big.....I call it the warehouse. There is only one other apartment and its isolated away from mine completely by front and rear stairwells (no common walls with mine). I was looking for a private quiet place after living in shoetack pit for too long.

My new landlord is super nice. He said the lady in the other apt. is quiet and rarely home. There is a small doctors office on ground floor open monday-friday. I was looking for a one bedroom place....but I found this two bedroom for $100/month less than the one bedroom I'm moving out of will be after they raise the rent $50 like they promised if I stayed.

I am so lucky! All I have is a kitchen table and chairs, bed, computer desk, train layout on a door, and a model building work table made of a door on plastic saw horses. The huge dining area will house the N scale train layout with room for massive expansion. The cathedral sized living room will be an enormous entry foyer. I just have nothing to put in there. :eek::)

Mike
More trains!

Ohh....you have one of those better tractors! :p

I wish I had any tractor.....and a yard. :):rolleyes:

Mike

Mike,
I'm afraid for ya buddy, ya sound disturbed! Big open space for trains , no lawn chores and your wishin??:eek:

Tell ya what, c'mon over !! I'll introduce you to a blond! She's high maintenance, and a bit cranky at times, but if ya talk nice to her,,she'll move ya!:rolleyes: You can cut all the grass you want. I'll be sippin a mint julep on the deck,,pointing out any missed spots!:D

In case the rest of you were wondering, I paid NOTHING for the Cub,,,so really,,it's only cost me a few parts and a few hours out of my life that I'll never get back,.
See, my Dad bought it for my Mom, thinking with a Hydro drive, any woman could drive it (Mom never mastered a stick shift). He just never have put it to her that way!!:eek: She drove it once, then told him lawn mowing was his job, and he could park his "easy for a woman to drive tractor" ,,,well,,,lets not say!! :eek: So Dad used it for years,,,when he passed,it went to me.
Now SWMBO drives it,,,,not cuz she can't drive a stick, but because its bigger than the little Deere,,and she wants to help out!:D;)

Mike,
I'm afraid for ya buddy, ya sound disturbed! Big open space for trains , no lawn chores and your wishin??:eek:

Tell ya what, c'mon over !! I'll introduce you to a blond! She's high maintenance, and a bit cranky at times, but if ya talk nice to her,,she'll move ya!:rolleyes: You can cut all the grass you want. I'll be sippin a mint julep on the deck,,pointing out any missed spots!:D

In case the rest of you were wondering, I paid NOTHING for the Cub,,,so really,,it's only cost me a few parts and a few hours out of my life that I'll never get back,.
See, my Dad bought it for my Mom, thinking with a Hydro drive, any woman could drive it (Mom never mastered a stick shift). He just never have put it to her that way!!:eek: She drove it once, then told him lawn mowing was his job, and he could park his "easy for a woman to drive tractor" ,,,well,,,lets not say!! :eek: So Dad used it for years,,,when he passed,it went to me.
Now SWMBO drives it,,,,not cuz she can't drive a stick, but because its bigger than the little Deere,,and she wants to help out!:D;)

Yeah, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Looks like she'd be real comfortable ride. :p

Mike

I wish I paid nothing for mine. That one was made back when International still owned them. Mines is an MTD with paint and graphics. I only got it because it has a Kohler engine, and I have not had the best Luck with Briggs engines. Of course, mine has power steering, cup holders, map holder, and a cushy seat.

I wish I paid nothing for mine. That one was made back when International still owned them. Mines is an MTD with paint and graphics. I only got it because it has a Kohler engine, and I have not had the best Luck with Briggs engines. Of course, mine has power steering, cup holders, map holder, and a cushy seat.
What use is a map holder on a riding mower? So you can see where the trees and bushes are? Now my fathers little MTD Yardman has something I've found to be useful. Are you ready for this? Cruise control! It does have a Kohler engine too. Hard to start the first time unless you choke the heck out of it. Then it's just difficult to start. Sometimes I even have to prime it with starting fluid. Sometimes I don't have any and have to use whatever is available. WD40, carb cleaner, even used 90% alcohol a time or two. After it's run for a bit it can be shut down then restarted easily. But that first start is always a bear. Try to start it outdoors if you can. Even in a barn it's deafening.

What use is a map holder on a riding mower? So you can see where the trees and bushes are?

I was thinking the same thing Jeffrey!:rolleyes: Map holder! LOL! What next, GPS navigation??

I will agree that mine to, is a PIA to start unless you have full choke applied,,,and you better have a 450 cca battery with a full 12 volts too! After that, its fine till it cools off again!

My FIL has one of the newfangled ones,,wont mow in reverse, cuts out on bumps,,all that safety stuff,,,yech!

My FIL has one of the newfangled ones,,wont mow in reverse, cuts out on bumps,,all that safety stuff,,,yech!
My fathers had all that crap too. I took most of it off. We both got tired of having to go through the first seven steps of the ballet just to back up. I left the seat cutoff connected. The brake must be on for the operator to leave the seat for any reason and leave the engine running.

What use is a map holder on a riding mower? So you can see where the trees and bushes are? Now my fathers little MTD Yardman has something I've found to be useful. Are you ready for this? Cruise control! It does have a Kohler engine too. Hard to start the first time unless you choke the heck out of it. Then it's just difficult to start. Sometimes I even have to prime it with starting fluid. Sometimes I don't have any and have to use whatever is available. WD40, carb cleaner, even used 90% alcohol a time or two. After it's run for a bit it can be shut down then restarted easily. But that first start is always a bear. Try to start it outdoors if you can. Even in a barn it's deafening.

I was thinking the same thing Jeffrey!:rolleyes: Map holder! LOL! What next, GPS navigation??

I will agree that mine to, is a PIA to start unless you have full choke applied,,,and you better have a 450 cca battery with a full 12 volts too! After that, its fine till it cools off again!

My fathers had all that crap too. I took most of it off. We both got tired of having to go through the first seven steps of the ballet just to back up. I left the seat cutoff connected. The brake must be on for the operator to leave the seat for any reason and leave the engine running.
I think the map holder is pretty useless. It does have cruise control, which could be useful with a large yard.
The "reverse caution" position is a joke, I simply unplugged it. The tractor runs just fine without it. I left the kill switch for the mower deck in place, it could be useful if I fall off the thing.

Back