Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

This old cubster kadet does look more heavy duty/well made than some of the generic ones lowes or sears sells now....they make in the same factory.....then put five different brand names on them.

I like the leather seat and real wood trim on the dashboard like the Infiniti Q-787. :cool::)

Mike

Ah! For the days of the real wood dashboard, last one I had was in a 1938 Light 15 Citro'en when I was about 20. (always been into 'interesting' cars). Also note the accentuation of "o". Had a 20 minute lecture from the parts guy about the proper pronuciation when I went to get a new waterpump seal (a leather washer)

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, September 23, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Ah! For the days of the real wood dashboard, last one I had was in a 1938 Light 15 Citro'en when I was about 20. (always been into 'interesting' cars). Also note the accentuation of "o". Had a 20 minute lecture from the parts guy about the proper pronuciation when I went to get a new waterpump seal (a leather washer)

The only 'interesting' car I had at that time was a 1964 MG midget...and, no, I never had problems with the electrics....:)

------------------------------------

Good Morning

Got sunshine and cold temps this morning..40F feeling like 34F out there..we are all snugged up in the house waiting for the day to 'warm' up to 54F this afternoon.

Today I will be doing some garden related stuff and getting some time with my choo choo's.....:)

Have a good one!!:)

Good morning from MD, weather looks purty after yesterdays afternoon cloudburst. Luckily I got the yard mowed [all 2 acres of it] before the rain hit. Mike, I'd trade my property for yours in a heartbeat if I could - I'm spending ~4 hours every week mowing my lawn and my MIL's! (And before I got my zero-turn it took twice as long :eek:) My wife was the one who wanted to move here, she was hopelessly in love with the place. Since I'm happily married and good wives don't grow on trees, I reluctantly agreed to it.

It was also my youngest daughter's birthday [she turned 14], so I spent a few hours of quality time with her.

However I did manage to get a little bit of work done on the layout. I'm putting on a facsia [first time I've ever made the effort to do THAT lol :eek:] and its looking...ok, but nowhere near world class. Still better than having a bunch of naked wood and wires though. If life doesn't intervene, I may be able to finish the project by this evening...

Luckily I got the yard mowed [all 2 acres of it] before the rain hit.
Two acres? That's a good start on what I mow. Tack on another three and a half acres. It's saving grace is that there's a BIG house and pool in the middle of it with several out buildings taking up additional space. Pump house/storage building, wood shed/junk barn, bunk house/machine shop/tractor barn, open sided covered parking area for RV and two cars, boat house.

Good morning. It's 68° with 93% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be partly cloudy today and the high will be 92°.
cond026.gif

No plans for today except to stay in and stay off my feet as much as possible. Got a lot of movie watching to do. Started watching 'Titan a.e.' last night. I'll finish that up today then start in on something else. No layout work planned but something could crop up.

DSCN0321.jpg

Gee, and I've got "only" an acre to mow. :rolleyes: I'll have to see if I can annex part of the 300 acre park behind our house so I can keep up with y'all...
As for electrical issues in British Leyland vehicles, they didn't call Lucas "The Prince of Darkness" for nothing. There are days when I think he helped design DCC.

Mornin gang! :D

Coffee and Frootloops for breakfast, now I'm wired!!:eek::eek::eek:

Lucas electronics? Thems are magical electrical devices that run on smoke! Let the smoke out of em, they stop workin!!:rolleyes:
My ex FIL used to have a thing for Triumph TR3's,6's, and 7's. Had to recapture the smoke a few times for him. :)
Wood dashboards, oh how hoidy-toidy! I miss the days of an all steel, no padding dashboard, like my old 63 Falcon, my 65 Chevy truck or Dad's old 54 Ford F-1 ! Something you really felt when ya hit it!! LOL! :eek:

Well, unlike Ken, I didn't get the lawn finished before the rain hit, so I'm hanging here until the grass dries a little more, then off to the lawn I go.

Also I have to hold Midnight down every 2 hours so that we can test his blood sugar for the Vet. They tried at the vets office , but he became so upset about his surroundings the his levels were all messed up! So we do it at home. Same test strips and meter as I use, just the "normal" level for a cat is higher than with us.He sat and purred in my lap while the wife stuck him 2 times already today, didn't even flinch!:D

Wow, all this talk about cats, it reminds me of why we gave ours away to a friend with a farm [where she's quite happy now, we've heard]. My now-17yr-old daughter put milk out for her when she was a stray, and the next thing we knew, she had "adopted" us!:rolleyes: We kept her around for a few years until she started refusing to use her litter box and leaving her "calling cards" in different closets around the house!:eek: That's when we remembered why we chose NOT to have pets...

I finally got the fascia installed along all the vertical edges of my benchwork. Not exactly worthy of Model Railroader, but still a major improvement. Here's a few shots:

fascia_north_leg_zpsfe79869e.jpg

fascia_nw_corner_zpsa367bd55.jpg

fascia_steel_mill_zps3b84d38a.jpg

Unfortunately my trainroom once again looks like a construction site, it'll take another week of evenings to get that mess cleaned up.

Hey y'all!
Good day today! The Cub Crappette performed admirably today after repairs. Didn't leak a drop, and replacing the air filter (musta weighed 5 pounds) with a new one, seemed to run smoother and have more power than it has in a while!
Even SWMBO noticed it!:eek:
Midnight did well too. He sat calmly on my lap while Janice pricked his ear for the first 3 readings, after that he just sat calmly on the couch while Jan pricked his ear and did the readings. Over the 12 hour period, his readings fluctuated between 450 and 210, which for a human is high. Cats physiology is different and the vet will take our readings and "correct"them , then let us know if we have to up his insulin shots or not. We'll find out more this week! Yeah, I know this may sound like a bit much, especially to a dog owner, but hey, he's a member of the family. Beside, he doesn't mess with the trains!:D I wish I could say the same for Tinkerbell, the idiot in my avatar pic doing her best Chessie impression!:D
Brought a few "Domino" frames in from the shed (thanks again Ken) and attached plywood tops, benchwork is starting to take shape! Speaking of stuff from Ken,,,,the shell has a power chassis now,,,repaint on hold for now!
Cant wait to start assembling in earnest but I really have to clear out the workbench 1st, before I lose stuff. Not everything in that mess is mine!:eek::rolleyes:;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl - I'll be sure to let you know when all is ready! [..and Keith, and Bill C., ...] Glad those dominoes found a good home.

BTW - here is a proto shot of that geep at Riverside in 1972!

Mike - thanx for the kind words. As for my being a 'negotiator', reserving the garage was an absolute precondition for me agreeing to buy this property, since it's "basement" is the family room and the 4th bedroom. I told the real estate agent I didn't want her to show us any houses that wouldn't have space for a decent-sized layout.

I have all my stuff loaded onto my new iPad. It seems more refined than the "old" one. I bought the old one in March, and it performed very well until Thursday, when a popup told me an update was available, did I want it? Sure... Then eberything went to hell. The end result wasI took the bloody carcass back to Appleland, and got a new one to replace it. I did get upgraded to the new model, so it wasn't all bad. And when that popup appeared on this one, I clicked the "no" button. If there'd been a "hell no" button, I would have clicked that.
I am not psychic, but I predict someone's head will roll over this debacle. There were more than a few dead iPads sitting on the shelf behind the customer service person.

Back