Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Friday, September 28, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

NKPSTA_LAF_IN.png

Former NKP Depot, Lafayette IN

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

The internet at my new place works like it should now. The time warner installer technician told me he knows the wiring at my old place has numerous issues with aging, high turnover of residents, and service techs constantly fiddling with connections.

Now it works fine and faster without constant re-booting.....hurray! :p USPS tracking shows my package coming from colorado has left columbus early this morning with delivery today :). 30 assorted used N scale rail cars pushing my collection to a few more than 120 units not including locomotives. A nice start at least. New train room has ten foot ceiling and is roughly the size of the entire one bedroom apartment I'm still moving out of. :eek:

Mike

The internet at my new place works like it should now. The time warner installer technician told me he knows the wiring at my old place has numerous issues with aging, high turnover of residents, and service techs constantly fiddling with connections.

Now it works fine and faster without constant re-booting.....hurray! :p USPS tracking shows my package coming from colorado has left columbus early this morning with delivery today :). 30 assorted used N scale rail cars pushing my collection to a few more than 120 units not including locomotives. A nice start at least. New train room has ten foot ceiling and is roughly the size of the entire one bedroom apartment I'm still moving out of. :eek:

Mike

A 10' helix? This I gotta SEE.

Good morning. It's 67°F with 99% humidity. Yeah, dry but wet at the same time. It'll be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 88°F and feel like 98°.
cond024.gif
cond20.jpg

Today I'll try and get started on designing the structural elements for the grain elevator project. First I'll need to scan in the image of my scale rule. That way I'll be able to draw out the pieces right next to the rule. The structure walls will be printed on card stock. For the mass of the main structure I can use a box and glue the card stock elements to it. That'll save me the trouble of building a framework to mount the elements on. So far it sounds easy but I'm sure Murphy is waiting to pounce at the most inopportune time. Anybody got a sure-fire Murphy trap I can use?

As for the rest of the day we'll see what happens.

P1010056.jpg

Ugh,
Thanks Bawwy, now i'm home wit a code, sniffly, stuffy and sweatty..Why cuddint you keeb it to yersef?

Blech!

Here's a fast and sure trick I use for making a straight line around a piece of pipe.

Here I have a piece of two inch PVC pipe and a two and a quarter inch hose clamp.
P1011679.jpg

I put the clamp on the pipe and tighten it until the clamp can just be pushed up or down without tilting to either side.
P1011683.jpg

By placing my thumbs under both sides of the clamp I push it to the location I want to mark and use my marking pen to carefully trace a line around it.
P1011682.jpg

When I remove the clamp there's a nice straight line all the way around. If you tightened the clamp enough that it couldn't tilt to either side the line will be at ninety degrees in relation the edge of the pipe.
P1011689.jpg

Good evening. My ISP continues its campaign to encourage my drinking problem. Sigh... I swear, the only way you can have the patience to deal with almost any tech support (especially the foreign outsource ones) is to toss back a couple of your favorite adult beverages while on hold.:rolleyes:

Evening gang!

Flo, can I get a little apple pie ala mode,,,,helps me sleep;)

Spent the day sleeping off and on,,and sweating,,,feel a bit better now. Maybe tomorrow I can get stuff done!

Gotta get the trailer out of the yard and get it ready for sale. Since I'm not doing the modular thing anymore, I don't need to be paying for tags and insurance on it. Anybody need a 4x8 enclosed trailer??

L8ter!

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Saturday, September 29, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

TIPTONDEPOT2.png
]
Former NKP (LE&W) Depot (now NS)-Tipton IN

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Mornin all!!

Coffee please,,,big mug please!:D

Not raining here,,,,,,,yet!:)
Today looks to be sunny and 60 F, but the rain clouds are on the map for the next 3 days!:(
Better get my outside stuff done today, cuz I'll be trapped inside tomorrow, IF the weatherguessers are on the ball!!;)

MMMM, good java,,nuther please Flo?

Good morning. It's 72° with 100% humidity. There's more than a fair chance of rain. The high will be 82°.
cond70.jpg

I don't think I'll be getting much done today. There's a heavy looking line of thunderstorms heading our way. It's showing up on the radar as heavy to severe. So looking like it's gonna get noisy and wet. The power has already gone off twice in the last twenty minutes. Just what I need when I'm trying to put together a descent looking structure wall in MSPaint. So in view of that it's looking like there will be no progress on the elevator project today.

002.jpg

RR Crossing Flasher/Bell/Gate kits

I'm new here and haven't figured this thing out yet. Can someone steer me in
the right direction? I've developed a flashing RR Crossing sign with track
detectors that you can put together real cheap. The only forums that I see
are pretty much dead and I really would like to communicate with someone
that might be interested.

I have a bell module working but not perfected and have a motorized gate in
development for limited quantities. All are planned to be under $20.

I'm new here and haven't figured this thing out yet. Can someone steer me in
the right direction? I've developed a flashing RR Crossing sign with track
detectors that you can put together real cheap. The only forums that I see
are pretty much dead and I really would like to communicate with someone
that might be interested.

I have a bell module working but not perfected and have a motorized gate in
development for limited quantities. All are planned to be under $20.

Optical, I/R or current sensing??:confused:

Somebody somewhere had commented on the tongue in cheek sign on an express truck I have. Whoever it was, here it is again:
Actually....I think maybe federal express got it's start by having people give them packages they wanted delivered overnight.......so.......they um......got an airplane......because it was faster....and they flew at night......because.....uhhh...:confused:...to get it there quick.....haha...:)....and then that's when they said it's a........fly by night.......hahahaha......:p......company. Ok!....you got me on that one!!!...:eek:....hehe. I did not see that coming!!!!!!:D

Mike

Ok here is question for the coffee wizards to ponder.....then spew forth with an answer hopefully. Is a helical gear the same as a worm gear?

Mike

No. Most definitely not the same. A helical has teeth cut on an angle like this:
583302.jpg

A worm gear is spiral cut and can drive a straight cut or helical cut gear.
gear_worm1.jpg

Back