Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Wishing you all the best. Good thing is they found the problem, so it can be fixed. Then you will be back to being yourself again. Take care, Ron.

Thanks Ron and Tony, I'm sure I will get back to the 'normal' back pain routine once this is all cleared up!:eek: Here is a photo I took this AM. Plenty going on. Jim :)

Early%20morning%20start_zpszokcuscu.jpg

Great scene Jim, especially love the clutter on the flatcar.
And like Ron said, they found the problem before it got worse!
Best wishes for a speedy mend!

Thanks guys. Rico, There are plenty of examples of these type of flatcars on epay for $30. The fellow may go a little overboard on 'junk' and stuff, but I will admit to using his work as a guide. This detailing I did on the flatcar is some of my best work. Everybody likes it and points it out, and believe me I've done a lot of other work on cars. I guess this makes it my favorite. I think one of the blessings of HO/On30 is the fun of doing this detailing.

Mike, Thanks. I've realized that for my photography needs, ie. the need to photograph, this scale is the most fun. Jim :eek:

Toot, I know you think you're being clever and trying to trick me! On September 2, 2014, I drew up a plan of the final layout. This layout may at first seem like I've gone senile, but not yet. It is only a 4'x6' table top. Nothing special, one turnout, maybe the turntable. It will be On30, but will handle HO too.

IMG_7526_zps5jwgwwpg.jpg

My trainroom, as I promised Gayle will then be easily reverted back to a small bedroom after I'm gone. I will take down all the backdrops and disassemble the bench work. Virtually everything will go in the trash. I will keep one panel of the backdrop to be put on an easel for photography. The layout will be DCC and DC. I may have lighting this time as well.

This may all sound silly, but I've had a good run for the last 11 years in this hobby, and if I don't get this one started fairly soon???????????? Many will say just leave this present layout. NOT in my nature to have these layouts around for long. If I don't get done with this next one within a year or so, then I have a feeling that my health will be the issue. It just seems I'm sort of slipping away physically. I can barely put on a pair of socks anymore. So I'm working up to this last one both physically and mentally as the last one. I feel I've done enough to satisfy myself and others in this hobby and it will be time to let my work here be a guide for those who want or need it. Like the climbing I've done on four continents, the six years sailing my sailboat around the world, sports from age 8, I'm just very tired, worn out. Jim:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Toot. Needle, funny.

Looking at the above plan I decided at 0200 this morning to make it 4' wide instead of 3.5'. Might not seem like a big deal but it will allow for better scenery opportunity on the top of the plan. I will try and explain what is really going to happen on this plan a bit later when I feel better. I will give you a hint though: You are seeing the plan in only two dimensions. It will be far from flat. Jim:)

Thanks Toot. Needle, funny.

Looking at the above plan I decided at 0200 this morning to make it 4' wide instead of 3.5'. Might not seem like a big deal but it will allow for better scenery opportunity on the top of the plan. I will try and explain what is really going to happen on this plan a bit later when I feel better. I will give you a hint though: You are seeing the plan in only two dimensions. It will be far from flat. Jim:)

We know it will be a masterpiece Jim , Feel Better please !!!

Thinking of ya.
Mike

Well Jim I understand. I'm in a simular position however I've taken the opposite tact. I've planned a room sized "woosdsy" layout with a bit of urban sprawl. I live alone, I'm not blessed with a wife as you are. I will work as I recover and as I can. If I get lots done, great.... if not? My adult kids know I'm a train nut and will dispose of it properly. I'm going to use my railroading as therapy and rehab... with an open ended future. I hope I'm around to do a couple more!

Laughing is good, except when it hurts to do so.

JimT, Keep on building. We all look at things like hobbies differently. I'm going smaller, you're going larger. Import thing is we both finish. Jim :)

Toot can't toot?

Here's a new photo for you all. Let's call this one "Free Ride." Jim:)
Free%20Ride_zpskmxabm70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Toot, Be careful, I think you scaring people! Actually, I remember your guess and thought how lucky I was that it didn't come up again!?! But it is all good. I hate to admit this but I did try to get a bottle out!

Went to all my heart related after checks, 3 of them, the last two days. I got high marks from the doctors and they all said get this GI tract issue cleared up. Going to the doctor on Monday for that. Jim:eek:

That's a big weight off the shoulders Jim. I had my Gall bladder op 1 year after my heart attack in '00. Got done in the afternoon and was out the next day, a couple of stitches was all there was to show.

Sunday and sunny here in San Diego. This past week I decided to make a display case for my On30 stuff. Not much, but here you go. Jim:)

IMG_7536_zpstfwscilq.jpg

Back