Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

HOexplorer,

I just went through 35 pages of this thread and all I can say is wow, what motivation! It makes me want to get to work on a layout but it turns out that that's hard to do in a military college dorm, haha. You really do some amazing work and you should be proud.

Robert

Okay. Just over six hours to go. Get your caption in.

Robert, A number of folks have asked about a "Sticky" for this thread. I don't know how all that stuff works. I don't know if a an administrator or moderator even knows about it.
It would be nice if this thread was a "Sticky." Seems like it is very popular. For you being in military college I can understand. Keep at your studies and your career. They are the most important things right know. Sticky or not, if your memory is worth anything you will remember this thread long after I'm gone. I hope this site lasts forever because I won't. Until that day, I hope you and all the others get enjoyment and knowledge from the words and photos herein. Thanks, Jim:)

"Jim, remember the good old days when you didn't have to pick up after your locomotive when you took it for a walk?"

Okay. Caption Contest is officially closed. Thanks to all you captioneers. Hopefully I can announce a winner by this time tomorrow night. (1800) My wife and neighbor are the judges so they will have to get together. Lots of great entries so I'm glad I'm not judging! Jim:D

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER

And the winner is: skillman// "I keep telling you that we wouldn't have these problems if we were still running plain old DC!!!!!!!"

All the rest of you where runners up in my book, but I wasn't the judge. Two women. I had to explain DC/DCC, but they thought this one was the best.
NWP Dave wins 'Mr. Congeniality'

Steve send me your full name and address via Private Messages.

This was fun. Win or lose I hope you all had a good time. Thanks for participating. July 15 is the beginning of reconstruction. Thanks, Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I won an easy-bake oven on Major Astro's cartoon show in the 1960's.......so at least that was something. :(:rolleyes::p

Congrats Skillman!

Mike

Steve, Congratulations. You must have a way with women. You were my second choice.:eek: Luckly I wasn't voting. I'll get back to you via PM tomorrow. Just got in tonight. Well done all. Jim:)

I mailed Steve his prize today. Have fun with it Steve. I also sent a PM.:)

So no one goes into withdrawl here is a photo taken from a different angle of the intend area to be remodeled. Just for fun I added a string of log cars to liven up the photo. Just below the upper track I will make a cut and take out all of the area from the front to the watertower in the back right. Also, I will lower the upper track about 1 inch to make the grade to it less steep. Enjoy, Jim:D

Empties.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The little Rascal arrived today. I did some research in my Brown Book. Only one loco fits. Imported in 1955 by International. I'll post pictures as I work on it.
Thanks again Jim.

Steve

Steve, I got the loco yesterday. Give me a bit of time to gather my thoughts on it please. I've already lost your email address or I would have answered that way.:eek::eek: Jim:)

This layout is so awesome and interesting! It inspires me to build a similar steep sided switchback laden N scale mountainside logging and mining mini-empire someday. I used to hike the old colorado-midland railbed above leadville colorado. Around 2002 there were still remnants of small trestles and steel rails and ties in the last few hundred yards before the eastern portal of the hagerman tunnel at near 11,000 ft.. No trains have run up there since about 1900 or shortly after.

Mike

Well I made it here. Like what you show. Do you like HO more than Z or N. When are you gonna post more photos? Lee

Back