Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

A caption contest? I like the idea.

Perhaps make it two contests- 1. Photo contest first and then best caption for the winner of the first?

CONTEST CONTEST As a reward for all the 18900 plus visits in 6 months to this thread I thought I would offer a chance for a prize.

Here is the prize: Mother Hubbard.jpg

It is brass' it is AC, it does run, but could use a lube. What you see is what you may win.

Here are the rules: Submit a caption to this photo.

Problem1.jpg

FINE PRINT: No profanity. No politics. One entry per entrant. Contest will end at 1800 Tuesday, June 5, 2012.

Good luck, Jim:)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dont you dare take a swing at this hog with your shovel young man, she's new and if theres one thing ive learned in all my years here it's that if you just show her a little love and affection, maybe even give her a nice little hug, she'll stop acting up and we'll be on our way".

Excellent modeling sir, this is my first time veiwing your thread and im beyond jealous of your skills.

Wow! Excellent comments so far. Well done.

Littlefoot14, Welcome. Always glad to hear someone likes the thread. Where would we be if even half the visitors left a comment?

Good luck to all. Jim:)

Jim, you'd better hurry up with that. There's a bear coming this way, and I don't think this shovel's gonna do any good.

Only 48 more hours to get your Caption in. Good entries so far. Nicholas get high marks for using my name.:D By the way voting will not be done by ME. Blame my wife and my next door neighbor if you aren't the winner!:eek: Jim:)

"I was told that if we had any problems, we should return this thing to the manufacturer. It says here on the side, MADE IN CHINA!"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm digging to China!":D

CONTEST CONTEST As a reward for all the 18900 plus visits in 6 months to this thread I thought I would offer a chance for a prize.

Problem1.jpg

"OK OK Bert Put down the shovel and I will tell Mr James to give you a raise so YOU can buy some new overalls"

Mike

(Joe) "No Jim...I can't help you remove the cylinder cover".....(Jim) "Why the heck not?!"....(Joe) "because...we're made of plastic you dimbulb!" :p

Mike

A Day on the Road with the Climax

“Harry, I’ll tell ya, the ole shay didn’t give us this much trouble. This is a better hauler? Heck, the darn thing isn't even dirty.”
“Well Mac, it don’t matter cuz we’re stuck here with this thing. All I know is we’re gonna be in a load of trouble if we don’t git out of the way before George pulls up with a load and has to back down, there’ll be hell to pay.”
“Gee Harry, George’s shay will push us right back where we came from.”
“Maybe so, but that Carter kid is coming up from Sausalito and I’m supposed to meet with him. Nice kid and all, but there is a little brass engine at Pinnacle Creek I want to look at before I have to meet him. I hear that the Carter brothers are trying to git us to haul tourists with their cars. There’s nothing to see up here but woods. Things been good in Pinnacle Creek and my wife has been on me to git my own engine, besides the fog is coming in and George will end up running into us. I don’t want this one to end up like that ole shay on the side of the tracks.”
“Yeah, you want me to go with you to Pinnacle to look at the brass engine?”
“Nah, I have been reading one of the best forum posts I’ve seen in a long time. The fella posted a picture of you and me and people are supposed to send a caption for the picture to win a brass engine. I tried to come up with a caption but ended up with a short story. I figure that if can’t afford the engine at Pinnacle Creek, maybe I can win one.”

Back