Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thanks a million fellows. Not be the best year for me I guess. On the Wednesday I have to have surgery for a cancer tumor to be removed. It is malignant but the doctor is in better spirits than I am, so I guess it will be alright. What next? Jim:eek:

Sorry to hear of the loss of your pet, a difficult time on it's own. Hope your surgery goes well and recovery is quick.

This time something for me:

Another diorama, but for another purpose. Somewhere along in this hobby I came up with the idea that instead of jumping in and building a room sized layout maybe I should build a diorama using the elements I wanted to use on the big layout. A small diorama would allow me to work out ground covers, introduce new products, and work on a new type of tree before the real thing. First, all layouts, modules, and diorama start with what is under the scenery.

IMG_4529_zpsfomh3rqc.jpg

This looks like winter, but really just plaster cloth. I'm testing to see what my new trees will look like.

IMG_4539_zpsn8wjjnji.jpg

Diorama will have a mainline, a turnout, siding and a two small bridges. Amazing what can be put into 24 inches in Z scale. Also, you can see new scenery evolutions here.

IMG_4552_zpsnlf8la4c.jpg

Good as done.

IMG_4566_zpsjgh3ghvt.jpg

IMG_45752_zpsule74lxm.jpg

IMG_47562_zpsvpshokib.jpg

While this looks over grown, this diorama did what it was supposed to do scenery wise. There was also room for a display section. Here is probably the only Z scale Climax in the world on display. Static. Jim:D

[URL=http://s922.photobucket.com/user/nscaler44/media/My%20old%20train%20stuff/IMG_4620_zpse4a9fed2.jpg.html]
IMG_4620_zpse4a9fed2.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, Jim.
Glad to see you back "posting" again. I hope that your medical issues are all behind you for a while now - mine are not!
Doctor is insisting that I have the anuersim corrected that is next to my heart. He says that it has grown in size ... and best to fix itwithout delay.
I guess that I will have it done in a couple months - maybe I can just have them install a zipper while they are at it?

Ed, I like to think I've made some progress over many magazines by cutting to the chase, and charging nothing, by simplifying this hobby. There are many, many, ways (all correct) to make these characters in any scale stand up. Early on I always use Woodland Scenics Foam Tack glue. It works for EVERYTHING! While WS, and many others make other glues that will work it did not make sense to me to by a dozen different glues when I this product is the best answer. Jim:)

Back