Atlas Genset Pics

I have the BNSF Genset & the headlite is wrong on mine too.
here's a picture of my engine & a picture of the Prototype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... the BNSF units have the sand filler hatch on the engineer's side of the nose, and the CSX units have it on the other side.

My.... non-existant gensets aren't here yet. Still waiting for them to arrive.

CSXnews111909.jpg

isn't that the sand filler hatch right behind the corner of the nose on this CSX unit?

It looks like the real engine is made different on the front walkway. On the real engine it sticks out further & is rounded. On my engine it's flat & smaller. I notice that the real engine has black handrails on the front w/yellow on the side rails.

Mark delivered my 2 undecs this weekend when he came down for a visit.

101_0935.jpg

Couple of problems with the undecs.

1. No holes for the front pilot handrails.

2. Missing front (conductor's side) nose handrail.

Not exactly ;)

overlandm.jpg
genset.jpg

Oh ok, so even BNSF can't decide on a paint scheme :D

Jerome, people have been talking about that on the Atlas forums. They were hoping that it was an isolated incident, but now I guess the whole batch of undecs is missing the holes.

Looking at the handrail holes, do you think that it will be easy to install thinner handrails onto the model?

Ugh, those handrails... Grrr. In any case, Josh should be getting mine this week, so I should have mine soon!

On the topic of ditch lights. Is CSX still running flashing ditch lights? I know out west, BNSF & UP no longer flash at crossings. They're on while running, and off when the headlight is dimmed/off.

Ugh, those handrails... Grrr. In any case, Josh should be getting mine this week, so I should have mine soon!

On the topic of ditch lights. Is CSX still running flashing ditch lights? I know out west, BNSF & UP no longer flash at crossings. They're on while running, and off when the headlight is dimmed/off.

Josh, as of yesterday and all of the CSX Mark and I saw, they all flashed when the horn was blown.

Back