Search results

1. H

Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

BTW UP2CSX and Alcomotive, Here is a video I had on my pc I forgot about of the engines and cars. I just uploaded it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkyXW3sorg
  2. H

They both have NCE D13SRJ Decoders installed in them. I added LEDs to the front and back on the GP38-2 and the MP15DC has MCE EMD switcher Sound Decoder installed. They both run really well, and creep very slow. All the cars are Atlas master line with kadees
  3. H

I might think about selling these on ebay. let me know if anyone might be interested.
  4. H

Weekend Photo Fun May 1-3

Thanks, I'm still trying to work at the weathing thing. Trying many methods. I'm thinking about getting those AIM powders and pigments and trying them out. The Switcher is a Athearn Genesis MP15DC. I bought the DC version. Added a NCED13SRJ Decoder and MRC 1662 Sound only Decoder in it. It...
  5. H

Weekend Photo Fun May 1-3

Very nice pictures everyone. I haven't had much to show for a while but worked on adding sound to my locos and getting some track laid. I still have lots of work to do.
  6. H

Programming dual decoders

Ok I just baught a MRC 1662 Sound only decoder. I been reading up programming them so they work togather. So far what I THINK i have to do set the Motor Decoder CV1=3 and the sound decoder to CV1=4 if thats right. Then I have to set CV29 to 2 to activate the short address for both decoders. Then...
  7. H

Is this a bad color for this kit?

Thanks Dan! I just got the clean hopper so It hasn't had any weathering. but I am going to keep it at a more cleaner look.
  8. H

I added some weathering to it and finished the windows. I think it turned out so so. I need to add the ladders and I'm finished
  9. H

I wanted to use floquil depot buff, but I don't have an airbrush. I don't really want to wait to get an airbrush to paint this kit so I went with spray painting 3 coats of a medium greyish color on it. Is this realistically accurate for a flour mill? does it look ok?
  10. H

Weekly Photo Fun 3-27/4-02

supurb pics everyone. I haven't posted anything in a while. Been real busy moving and starting a new job so I haven't had any time to work on the layout. But now I'm settled in and finally have my layout up and moved. I moved it from the basement from our old house to the garage in our new...
  11. H

trying to find the perfect kits for this building

Hey thanks alot for checking. I'm going to start the order this week and start on it as soon as I get everything.
  12. H

Thanks for the info LArry. Boy it's hard to determine what H,W,T to pick for those I-beams. I like the size you used.
  13. H

The prototype looks to be made from corrugated sheet metal. I really like your structure you have there. Where did you get the stair case and did you make the support beams your self or did you buy them like that?
  14. H

Mine ended up warping quite a bit. It's real loose now since it's been wet. I might just get some Evergreen Scale styrene, the corrugated metal siding and give that a shot.
  15. H

Yeah I just spray painted it with a white enamel. I guess we'll see what happens with this to..
  16. H

Well I tried the poptart method that weekendrailroader suggested. I had some empty serial boxes laying around and thought I would give it a try. Didn't turn out too bad. what could I use to stiffin up the chipboard before painting??
  17. H

Thanks guys, I might just consider in kitbashing those kits then. It's not a cement plant, it's actually a Lime river terminal for barges. They take the lime out of the hoppers and spill it into the barges by this long crane looking thing. (view blocked by the cars)
  18. H

I have been searching and searching and trying to decided what to use that will best fit this structure. And these are the only items I found that could possibly match. The engine facility seems way off but I can't find any building with the barn like shape and also that is the...
  19. H

using outside dirt on your layout

I was wondering if I could take dirt and sand from a location that I'm modeling and use it on the layout with any problems? I heard of people baking the dirt to get all the contaminants out. Thanks in adavace
  20. H

Need Photos UP SW1500 #1102

I think you did one heck of a job!!

Back