Need Photos UP SW1500 #1102

wheeler1963

Aurora & Portland Owner
I need every bodies help again with this prototype switcher. I'm doing a model of this SW1500 for Mike. We have only a few pictures so far. If anyone has any other pictures "other" than from railpictures.net and railroadarcives.net, please post them here. Thank you as always.

I have one more but it wont load.

It is a pic of the rear left side if you need it let me know I will see what I can do about getting to load.

Thanks to Mac Loco for the pictures, here's what I've come up with for unit #1102. She still needs windows, wipers and weathering.

100_3402.jpg

Looks good, Jerome. I wish Floquil would come out with a "Faded Harbor Mist Gray" since you spend so much time doing the gray on UP engines and then have to start right in making it about 10 shades lighter when you weather the engine. :)

Jim, take a look at Floquil's SP lettering gray. It makes a very good faded UP harbor mist if sprayed very lightly over the original.

Very nice job on matching the weathering. It looks like someone has been throwing tomato sauce on those stepwells. :) Thanks for the tip on the SP lettering gray. From the deep recesses of my mind, I do remember using that way back in about 1970, when I was painting 7 or 8 engines a week.

Back