Search results

1. SNE

STEAM is the answer!!!

Hi everyone! I've always been a modern day modeler. Being 39 years old I've never seen live steam so I've never been interested by it. While looking for inspiration for a new layout I keep finding myself wanting to model my hometown railroad that never was completed, the Southern New England...
  2. SNE

Basic question...

I'm finalizing the plans for my Nscale layout. I'm planning on using NCE, I've been using it at an operating session I attend and love the feel of it. What is the difference between a NCE sold separately decoder and a locomotive that comes dcc equipped? Should I buy a dcc ready engine instead...
  3. SNE

Saturday night, anyone working on their layout?

So it's Saturday night, my wife is out to dinner with the women folk, it's just me and the dog! I'm Doing some layout planning/designing tweaking a few things before I start building! Anyone else working on their layout tonight? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. SNE

How long were you stuck in planning? Looking for advice

I've been without a layout for 5-6 years,. It's not due to space or lack of reasonable funds, but stuck in planning!! I've been fortunate enough to operate on a fantastic basement empire double deck ho scale layout once a month, that's helped me realize what I like/want. Why have I been stuck...
  5. SNE

Thinking of the steam era....

Hi guys!! I've always been a modern modeler, I think that because being 38 I've never seen steam in person. However I've always wanted to model a certain road (the never completed southern New England). in the early 40s war time. This is going to sound funny.... But I'm so clueless when it...
  6. SNE

Hello from RI!!

Hello everyone! I've been in and out of model railroading for the past 20 years or so. Mostly in n scale. I've had a few small switching layouts. I'm interested in operations mostly. My favorite roads are the Providence & Worcester, and the good old Southern New England Railway. I haven't had a...

Back