Hello from RI!!

SNE

Hello everyone! I've been in and out of model railroading for the past 20 years or so. Mostly in n scale. I've had a few small switching layouts. I'm interested in operations mostly. My favorite roads are the Providence & Worcester, and the good old Southern New England Railway. I haven't had a layout in About 5 years and have been thinking about slowly building a small ho scale switching layout to ease my way back into the hobby! Looking forward to talking to everyone!!

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Joe!
Theres a lot of switching layouts buried in the threads here so grab a bevy and have fun digging!

welcome to the forums, glad to have you onboard.

I look forward to sharing the hobby with you.

My areas I have to work with are a 5' x 7' walkin closet, or a 1' x 10' wall with hole in both end of the wall staging, making for better operations. I'm also leaning back towards N scale.

If you have the hands and eyes for it N scale would be a good choice considering your space.

On the other hand even an O gauge layout could be minimized squeezed in.

My point is; just have fun with your trains!

I look forward to reading about your railroad and if you can some pictures are always appreciated.

I will definately be posting pics!!! I'm leaning towards the 10' wall more and more. I'm thinking of a section of the csx boston line in Framingham ma, at a HFCs distribution facility. Right beside it is an unused auto rack unloading lot. I'm going to back date the layout to the conrail years when the auto rack facility was used. There's also a large building that was served by rail at some point near by. I like the big blue conrail engines. Brings back memories of my teen years fishing on the river by the tracks in western ma. I'll be able to create the layout very close to the prototype and that is a MUST for me! Here's a few aerials....the auto rack facility and HFCS plant. And the last one being the other industry 1/4 mile to the east.

ce59b14fdb4721c8dba1233e76aa4ec0.jpg
91ba3e18e4a923e5dbb1454b46500b61.jpg

Hmmm I replied with a few pics and it's not showing...

Oh well! I'll repost without the pics! I'm leaning towards the 10' wall. I'm thinking of modeling a section of the csx boston line in Framingham ma. There's an unused auto rack unloading facility and an HFCs distributor as well as another industry 1/4 mile to the easy that was served by rail. ( MR did an article on the facility 5 plus years ago) I'll back date it to late 80s early 90s when conrail blue ruled and the auto rack facility was still in use. It will be very close to the prototype which is a must for me. Also conrail brings back my teen years when me and my high school buddies would fish on a river 30 miles to the west on the highly used tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! Well all's well again, the spam filter doesn't like the tapatalk link, not to worry if your photos don't show when you post admin will clear them

Cheers
Willis

Had a great opportunity to operate on a fantastic ho scale layout today!! Don Iraces providence and worcester double decker!! I used to be a regular operator on his layout years ago. Now I'm back on the iron horse and will be part of his ops group the 3rd Thursday of every month! Here's a few photos of a few through freights I was running today!
9c6f530a1fbe22f297891fb2515e6b24.jpg
eec2602934be4c38644110149bb0b6a3.jpg
32e98988c370382ed22b67aae6d15239.jpg

Back