Search results

1. R

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Jim do you by chance know if that "kit" was ever sold in true n scale? Its quite impressive and would save some scratch building time ...
  2. R

Hope Jims doing well and being a good paitent ... OleSmokey- how did the drywall react with the surrounding as it dried ... Mud is very moisture drawing as it drys ... You didn't have any areas that separated from the base?
  3. R

I have built several underwater creations for fish tanks using foam and grout and I've noticed the green foam responds strangely when the sealer soaks through the grout this is the only foam I've noticed do that (I've used blue pink and white as well depending on where I was living at the time)...
  4. R

New Layout for LASM

I've seen good results with fishing wire and metal craft wire off a spool .... The wires look good on mobile ... Weather heads are the typical now used to be a insulator cup and a hole in the attick that was insulated and tub and socket wiring. A lot depended on the contractor\utility and local...
  5. R

Good luck hope you get the cute nurse *wink wink lol
  6. R

Kicking Horse River Sub

I would like to know more about your back drop the trees look good are you going to continue that down the hillside?
  7. R

Logging Locomotives

In the Appalachian logging it was common for the engine to be coupled to the cars with the front and to back the engine out onto the main then push the cars back down the spur they were logging .. When it was time to go home they would back the engine, leaving the loaded cars tied down, out to...
  8. R

Went to Harbor Freight yesterday

You just have to watch what you get there ... They are real good at replacing defective product but if you replace the same thing twice its the product itself ... Ive known people to have good luck with the HF air systems.
  9. R

CNW switching layout

Wisconsin has bean facilities as some of the major seed reps are just over the Ill/wis boarder. A creamery or brew house would definitely fit ... The other thing you could do would be Milwaukees Milorganite plant ... http://mobile.onmilwaukee.com/market/articles/makingmilorganite.html ... This...
  10. R

DCC sound on DC layout?

That sounds good ... Are there any decoders that I could put a custom sound on like the sound of the fireman shoveling or the boiler relief valve blowing off steam when coming to a complete stop??? Or am I just stuck with the sound the company thinks it should make?
  11. R

DCC sound on DC layout?

Thanks for the replies so I should be able to install a preprogramed sound decoder in an existing DC engine. I'm not worried about whistle blows at crossings as its a logging route so there's only a couple and they are in the camp where they wouldn't unless someone was blocking the track. But...
  12. R

DCC sound on DC layout?

OK my searches only seem to bring up converting to DCC not actually what I'm wanting. Before I get too deep I just want to add I don't need to be sold on the advances in DCC and how great it is and why I need to buy all this new expensive equipment to turn power on and off. That being said I...
  13. R

Your engine man has changed ...PS I don't recall the green truck in previous pictures Also the ore car in the tender position appears lighter in this pic and he's picked up a different set of cars
  14. R

I'm having trouble finding the type of flat cars they used with the track for the steam loader to move from car to car on so I already figure I'm building them ... I was planing on HO but the CFO rezoned the space allotted so now I'm reconfiguring for n ... Sorry for the double post I'm on the...
  15. R

Would you have more info on how you made it; I can't find one in n I'm modeling backwoods Appalachia focusing on lumber in 1917-1928
  16. R

So in further reading I seen youve thrown away z and n scale .... Do you still have the rolling stock at least?
  17. R

So Jim do you simply drag it with a small hacksaw blade to get the desired look?
  18. R

Thanks for the welcome ... They do the gentleman in the video is Paul aka Neanderpaul (search the tube) he's quite talented musically and in other areas ... Met through my old car club ... When he built his first it was acoustic ... That didn't last long ... Kinda similar line of thought in our...
  19. R

Not to hijack the thread but they sound pretty good boinga boinga Neanderpaul Cigar Box Guitar - YouTube I'm still making my way through the hundreds of pages in this thread ... Some truly impressive work .... Its strange to find your pictures elsewhere on the net then to discover the...
  20. R

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

That is some impressive wiring my friend ... You've done an excellent job maintaining order down there ... That was always my nightmare when troubleshooting a friends layout ... His wires went everywhere with no rhyme or reason ... I'm sure if any issues do arise the extra work will pay off. Do...

Back