Search results

1. Stickymonk

Building the Andersley Western Railroad

I spotted this old dinosaur switching a transfer from Lewistown in Andersley today. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  2. Stickymonk

Atlas/Roco SD35 rebuild

Dynamic fans replaced with Train Station ones and the radiator fans with some old Proto 2000 ones off an old project (A BN GP39V) Then I started to add the grabs but broke my last drill bit so this is as far as I have got. Loads more work to do yet, the pilots, steps side sill all need...
  3. Stickymonk

Atlas/Roco SD35 rebuild

I picked up this old Atlas/Roco SD35 for a good price and was already in the condition as shown below, looks like somone was in the process of making a better model out of it but gave up for some reason. I am going to finish the project as I have a whole bunch of Cannon parts in my spares box...
  4. Stickymonk

My Projects

The cab front and fuel tank we're the hardest parts, had to cut a lot of metal away from the chassis to get a correct width tank. And the cab front was a spare from a cannon cab kit. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  5. Stickymonk

My Projects

Whoops forgot to weather them! I will do those tonight. Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  6. Stickymonk

My Projects

I have been working on an old Model Power RS-11, this was one of my first locos so I could never bring myself to throw it out. But being it was old Model Power it ran as smooth as a bag of gravel so it was never used. This is what it now looks like. It is now mounted on an Atlas Classic...
  7. Stickymonk

Atlas H15-44 sound

Hello I am rather new to the DCC Sound world, the first loco I want to sound equip is an Atlas H15-44 this is currently fitted with a duel mode decoder, my question as a total newbie is will this have to be removed before I install the sound decoder. Also any help on what speakers etc I would...
  8. Stickymonk

Feel free to install it
  9. Stickymonk

Nice to see some of my locos getting used due to me having nowhere to run them now.
  10. Stickymonk

Looking good, those vertical tanks add some nice height to the building and makes a change to the normal horizontal ones.
  11. Stickymonk

Weekly Photo Fun- Feb.14-Feb.21

Here is my latest project in the works. This C-Liner is one of 4 units purchased by the Montana Central in 1968 from the Milwaukee Road as parts donors for its FM fleet, but 6 years later this unit is still being dragged out of the dead line due to continual power shortages. I hope to get...
  12. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

I have made a start on the chain-link fence round my fertilizer plant, I need to modify the concrete base so the gates meet in the middle again... I will also need to spray the fence as you can hardly see it! It is still very much a work in progress, the building behind will be rebuilt and...
  13. Stickymonk

Show Your Face

Guess I will post my mug shot taken at work And doing my other hobby, airsoft at my local site
  14. Stickymonk

Show Your Face

Double post
  15. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

This is the former main street now.
  16. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

continuing on. New track plan
  17. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

I was not happy with the look of the layout so took most of it up. The first thing on my list was to remove the street trackage and therefore remove the continuous run option, this did nothing for operation and took up valuable space. Main street is now in one corner, this has allowed me to...
  18. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

If this turns out ok I would build you one if you donate all the parts needed for it. A couple photos of the start of the chassis. Still need to do a lot if work on it and properly mount the motor (it is just placed there for photo). I will be adding as much weight as I can to help traction...
  19. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

A small update on the C415 project. The body is done and ready for grab irons and other details. And I have made a start on the brass chassis but things may slow down a lot now due the the imminent arrival of baby #2.
  20. Stickymonk

South Lewistown

Done some more work on the C415, ready for a coat of primer to check out any spots that need working on. Then it is on to drilling holes for lift rings, grab irons and door handles. The brass has been ordered for the new chassis and will be the next part of the project.

Back