My Projects

Stickymonk

I have been working on an old Model Power RS-11, this was one of my first locos so I could never bring myself to throw it out. But being it was old Model Power it ran as smooth as a bag of gravel so it was never used.

This is what it now looks like.

20150806_214747.jpg20150806_214756.jpg20150806_214751.jpg

It is now mounted on an Atlas Classic chassis that I picked up VERY cheap on eBAy, Smokey Valley handrails and a few other detail parts it now runs very smoothly indeed, this is now finished apart from needing grab irons but I need to order a new #80 drill.

I have picked up a Proto 1000 RS-2 chassis as well that I will mount under another old Model Power RS-2 that I have also had for years but I will be doing this at a later date.

Don't get me wrong, you've done an excellent job on the Alco, specially the cab roof. The truck on that Kodachrome is quite interesting 'cause it looks like the rear bearing has been replaced or repacked recently. The carrier looks fairly new and the muck has been wiped off around it.

Nice work!
I'd have taken the lazy route and gutted it for a dummy, now you have a nice power unit.

The cab front and fuel tank we're the hardest parts, had to cut a lot of metal away from the chassis to get a correct width tank. And the cab front was a spare from a cannon cab kit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Must have missed the earlier pictures. Really look great. If you have a spare Alco, send one over. :p

That is a good looking model. Nice work, and I'm sure it's very gratifying to see a sentimental piece like that proudly running the rails :)

Back