Search results

1. J

just finished!

well I just finished with my layout guys and I know I have not posted for a while. I am just telling those who have not finished yet a few things for easier finishing technics. 1. plan .2. go to train swap meets for cost control. 3 persistence and discipline and just stay on it. 4, near the end...
  2. J

a flip up for a walthers steel mill around 30 inches max height.

I posted earlier and am just about out of time for research. I am starting Friday night. how about a flip up with a 31 x72 board max 30 inches high but I can be wrong. I measured without the towers in place yet. I also have around 11 inches towards the wall studs of open space for a roadway. I...
  3. J

faised sections plus flip ups or flip downs.

I cut 2 areas for a flip up and a flip down and I need to have a raised section along wall mounts. the question is how are you guys getting perfect track alignment for the flip ups,downs and what would you use along wall studs to raise a well detailed board 33 to 50 plus inches. I am really at a...
  4. J

model power lights.

I am adding a dozen model power parking lot lights or alley lights right now. I need to know since they are not noted, which wire is positive and which is negative? the other model power highway, street lights I have were noted and work excellent. :confused::confused:
  5. J

steel mill operations.

I know the coke oven gets coal and the blast furnace gets ore. I was wondering which cars go from where to which side first and type from the coke oven to the blast furnace then the electric arc furnace. I am talking about which cars then order and where to after. I have a complete steel mill...
  6. J

lights for a lifelike signal bridge.

I am wondering what red,green and yellow lights I can use for a lifelike signal bridge it seems to be about a eight inch wide and I would drill to a bigger size but the length has to be around a quarter inch any ideas guys? by the way if a Christmas light set is suggested I also need white...
  7. J

rail power 1370 power packs

:rolleyes: I will check back on sunday for posts. I was wondering the mrc 1370 power packs suggest that they could handle 4 to 6 trains and equal power of 18 va for swithches etc. I am at the point of all lights trains etc running at once do they really handle all of this ?
  8. J

chicago l train engine cars.

I am wondering if anybody knows of a Chicago l train engine car. I WILL CHECK BACK LATER IN THE WEEK.:)
  9. J

reasonably priced ho cranes for railyards that are remote controlled.

who makes these and how much? I would love to have one but 5 to 750 is steep is there another solution that is close?:confused:
  10. J

clark reinery and magic kiss signs that are lit.

I am wondering if a lit clark refinery or magic kiss sign were ever produced and both need to be operational also:rolleyes:
  11. J

proper l girders for chicago cta lines.

:Dhey model railroader about 4 to 6 years ago had a cta line article online and marked by cta etc handle,where did those cta line supports come from does anyone know? they look very real and i will check back next saturday.
  12. J

easy access of layouts.

:D hey guys we all get older and our layouts take real time and i am no different and any disbelievers can embarass themselves otherwise. I have a great idea that is also cost effective and good for ourselves over time. i am using a scaffold for areas of hard access over the layout instead of...
  13. J

who sells a quarry crusher for ho and not a complete kit with the building.

who sells a quarry crusher and not a complete kit with buildings, I will check back next week for some answers.:D
  14. J

l trains in ho and also scratch built .

:Dhey i am from chicago and i have a ho railroad just about ready to run totally about14x16 total wall to wall with flip ups for access. I have a question though for my l line how much space do you need for a 10 inch platform i have riser kits with plaster cloth for a good appearance and 2 10...

Back