Search results

1. K

Need opinion and info

Whats your opinion, should i leave this section flat on the board or put roadbed under it. Second pic is of a broken handrail, what type of glue is best to repair it? I have some of the faller glue to put the buildings together with, but i have my reservations about it working on this type of...
  2. K

Control panel

Anybody have any leads or ideas to what i can use to make a control panel out of. I have looked all over the internet and all the boxs i have found are of a small size. I did find some sloped boxs but they were small allso. Im thinking i should need 20 inches in width and 10 inches in lenght...
  3. K

Control panel leds for a 3 way switch

I have a 3 way that im trying to get the wiring figured out for. The first set of points selects route 1 or 2. The second set selects route 2 or 3. I know how to wire the leds so that i get a green or red light depending on which way the toggle switch is thrown, but if the first set of points is...
  4. K

Roadbed or not?

Im finally to the point of putting in my train yard, not nearly as long as i would have liked, but i dont have a room strecther so..... Will i be likely to be kicking myself later on if i leave this track right on the wood, or does roadbed need to go under there? And if i do leave it right on...
  5. K

Running a Bachmann overland express on NCE

My son is getting a little steam engine seat for Christmas, and i think it will work with my NCE PowerCab, but im not sure. I read thru the manual earlier and it says that you can run this in dc mode, but it doesnt say that is all that is required to run dc trains. Is that all i need to do? I...
  6. K

NCE switch it

Any one here doubling up on driving tortoises with stationary decoders? Ive been looking at the NCE sitch it and im thinking i could hook up two tortoises to each output and use that for my double crossover.
  7. K

Reverse loop cheapskate

If you have two seperate reverse loops connected to the mainline, couldnt you just use 1 reverse loop controler and put it on the main line instead to having to put one on each loop? Seems like a no brainer, but i figured i should ask to make sure.
  8. K

I'm proud to announce......

that the room im gonna use for my layout is no longer PINK!
  9. K

My loco stalls

I just added a passing siding to my oval track and the loco stalls for just about 1/3 second then resumes travel. It only does this when its traveling forward from the divergent route to the thru route. When i back up thru the switch and take the same path it doesnt stall. This is a new...
  10. K

This was alot cheaper than the hobby shop

I just recieved my lot of ho ns track that i bought of off ebay. I paid 28 dollars for 2 #4 turnouts the other day at my LHS. This only cost 100 bucks, plus the shipping. Now i need to start putting it together. I hope im going to have time this weekend to make the bench for the siding that...
  11. K

Temporarily laying track

Ive got part of my bencwork put toghether and would like to start coming up with a track design to fit the bench. Im going to be putting in a slightly smaller than 30 inch radius due to the fact that the main table is 5 feet wide. Any suggestions on temporarily attaching the flex track to the...
  12. K

Why does a double crossover need a reverser?

Im planing on doing a large oval with a smaller one inside of that one. Ive been looking at the double crossover switchs (i believe that is the right term) and it says that you will need a reverser module. Im having allittle trouble wrapping my mind around that, since the outer rail will have...
  13. K

Old versus new snap switches

Will the older snap switches work with code 100 ns switches that are new. I see that the new switches say code 100 on the packaging. The ones im seeing have yellow ink on the cardboard part, the new ones are black. I see they are made different, but will they work just as good?
  14. K

How much room to allow for on HO scale?

How much space should i leave between a centerline track drawing and the wall behind it to allow for HO scale structures and road running in front of those buildings? I kinda need a general guideline for industry and residential. Thanks for any help you can give. Ken
  15. K

Reading the set value of a CV

I see in the paperwork that came with the Loco that this can be done, but I cant find it in the Power Cab manual. I could just be overlooking it, but im not sure. What i have is the basic 2 amp power cab by nce. I would really like to record what a cv is set to before i mess with changing...
  16. K

Upgrade path for NCE

I just purchased the 2 amp power cab system. If i have correctly understood what info i have managed to find at this point, the command station is the upgrade for this? Also, does the command station make this into the next higher system that has all of the bells and whistles? I'm just...
  17. K

csx engine house

Ive been looking for one of the large engine houses that has the large see thru walls. Anybody know where i can find one?
  18. K

What ya think?

Just getting started in the hobby and trying to come up with a layout to fit my space. Please give your opinions on the rough layout drawing, good and bad. I realize that some adjustments will have to be made, but does it look like it will work? Im not sure how the top portion is gonna look...

Back