This was alot cheaper than the hobby shop

I just recieved my lot of ho ns track that i bought of off ebay. I paid 28 dollars for 2 #4 turnouts the other day at my LHS. This only cost 100 bucks, plus the shipping. Now i need to start putting it together. I hope im going to have time this weekend to make the bench for the siding that goes to the loco yard. Some of the packages havent even been opened, and the ones that have all look new to me. SCORE!!!!!!

Looks like a pretty good mix on #4, #6, & #8, plus all the sections and the rest of it. I'd call it a deal.

Hi Ken,
That quite a selection you've got there, by my count you have over $500.00 worth of switches alone! Hard to beat that!

That should give you a good start or be enough to complete whatever your going to do.

Enjoy!

Great buy. I wouldn't be in the hobby if it wasn't for Ebay. I bought everything I needed to build my railway over the course of 2-3 years for about 30% of what it cost to buy in a hobby store. I still buy all of my small items like paint, detail parts, ect. from the LHS. but most big ticket items come from Ebay.

Whats really weird, is that some of the items they have are just as good of a deal that you can find on the internet. Not ebay from indiviuals of course, but thats to be expected. Ive been looking around for a code 100 ho double crossover. I found one on the internet today and it was the cheapest i have seen at 55.00. I went by the LHS after work to pick up some items like road bed and some tortoise switchs, i was about to pay for my items when i asked if they had a double crossover, sure enough buried deep under a pile of boxs, stashed inside of another box completely out of sight was a shinohara (spelling?) #6. They only had it priced at 62.00 dollars, so i snatched that baby up.

They are high on lots of items though, you just have to kinda scan the store when you go so that you know what to go there for and what to buy elsewhere.

Back