Search results

1. Irongrave

i have a GP35 Addiction

With the arrival of my latest GP35 hot rod for Jeff Tyrrell i now have a total of 10 painted/lettered for my home road or friends leasing company. little rundown on each one: The GLNE painted units #500-Ex EL/GLNE rebuilt by alstom/southern tier shops in Hornell NY. the unit was...
  2. Irongrave

another rat GP35

The next monster from custom painter and builder Jeff Tyrrell. This time is an EX BN GP35 with AAR trucks that I had him do up as a mid progress rebuild. Lots of primer parts and a very tired paint job. This is getting added to an ever growing GP35 roster now up to 7 painted or lettered in my...
  3. Irongrave

Northern NJ toys for tots Dec 11th

My jeep club did a toys for tots run today and picked up toys threw out northern NJ. We met up with the NYS&W train and unloaded our jeeps and trucks of toys. Here are a few photos I took
  4. Irongrave

Allagash Railway woodchip cars

I recently picked this pair at the Amherst show this weekend. They are build by Dave Barlow from Perkins Road Depot in NH for Mike Confalone's new railroad The Allagash Railway. For those that might know the name he also owned the Woodsville Terminal that is now no longer, he is also the...
  5. Irongrave

new warehouse

Decided to move a few buildings around on my layout again. In doing so i came to the conclusion that I needed a new modern style warehouse/manufacturing plant. The original building was a Walthers, lakeside shipping (i think forgot the kits name) It worked but didn't have the feel that I was...
  6. Irongrave

show off your business cars

Show off your roads varnish I'll start Great Lakes and New England car number lucky 13, The Gateway to New England. The car is a kato business car with custom decals from Highball graphics.
  7. Irongrave

random shots

Still learning off camera lighting (really need to build a better shooting diorama) Missed last night's ore train with the C-628 on the head end. the C-628s and 30s and the few 36s left have been kicking ore cars on the west end of the system around mingo jct and the lake eire ore docks. One...
  8. Irongrave

custom Atlas pick up

decided to have a little fun today was going to build a custom semi but need some more parts before I start on that so took a very normal looking Atlas F-150 and built a low rider out of it. Cut the back of the frame off and the front axle mount. Drilled hole in the front to mount the axle...
  9. Irongrave

Lumber loads

I've got a few of the new atlas bulk head cars along with some of the walthers cars and looking to do finished lumber loads in a few of them. The others will be steel I beams. Any one know of a company that makes loads to fit those cars or one that I can modify to work.
  10. Irongrave

RS-3M rats

Caught this pair moving around the yard tonight Have seen 508 before and she is a rat, built as an add on order to the MK rebuilds for the D&H she was painted quickly and sent up to the ore mine north of North Creek NY. 509 I don't know what to call her. She is truly a face only a mother could...
  11. Irongrave

Toys for tots

First huge thanks to the Military Transport Association and North Jersey Jeep Club, for making the NS/M&E Marine toys for tots stop in Succasunna NJ a huge success. I'm in NJJC and we loaded all our toys into 2 jeeps with trailers and then loaded them into a box car.
  12. Irongrave

blurr photos

On camera forum I'm on a guy but a nice little rig the move his camera and a model car to create a very cool blur shot original post form http://forums.mycanikon.com/ i decided to steal the idea and came up with a very rough idea using some old Lionel flat cars I had to come up with...
  13. Irongrave

Hot rod RS3

I recently had Jeff Tyrrell, http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeyo4bi/index.html, build me a D&H style RS3M but lettered from my road, Great Lakes and New England railway. The heavy black weathering is from titanium ore and this unit is assigned to switch the mine and occasionally makes runs to the...
  14. Irongrave

new use for harold king decals

The old Hararold king decals as a full decal sheet thus making the whole thing a decal that you need to cut around. this dawned on me a few years ago and maybe the idea can spread but using the Harold king logo from the sheet as a newspaper company as I'm doing on my layout. Its simple and...
  15. Irongrave

Super GP-30s

Some shots of my super GP-30s one painted into Operation Lifesaver, deturboed and a bunch of other work. A take off from the BN GP-30 rebuilds
  16. Irongrave

new ore cars

having Jeff Tyrrell build me a fleet of D&H style ore cars for my own Great Lakes and New England Railway. Hopefully have finished photos on Sunday these are the proof shots to make sure I like the layout of the lettering. I'm getting 6 built that will bring the fleet to 9 (all ready have 3 in...
  17. Irongrave

Some of my models

Hey I'm new to this forum. I am a proto-freelanced modeler My railroad is based on an EL-D&H merger under N&W owner ship the spun off as a Conrail competitor. I called it the Great Lakes and New England Railway or GLNE for short. 90% of the rolling stock has been custom painted and detailed by...

Back