custom Atlas pick up

Irongrave

decided to have a little fun today was going to build a custom semi but need some more parts before I start on that so took a very normal looking Atlas F-150 and built a low rider out of it. Cut the back of the frame off and the front axle mount. Drilled hole in the front to mount the axle higher in the body. In the rear I cut out the bed floor around the wheel wells and used part of the frame flipped over to look like link bars. Wheels are from a classic metal works chevelle. Still need to add an air tank to the bed.

low1501.jpg

next to a off the self truck
low1502.jpg

low1504.jpg

low1503.jpg

Do the front wheels touch the ground on the slammed one?

it looks pretty good, now it just needs a paint job and some fuzzy dice :D

the drive side touch the ground the pass side dose not just were the hole was because i changed the wheels i was using. also the frame touches the ground so it lifts the front a little. Was going to do a body drop to it with a custom frame but too much work in 1:1 let alone 1:87

all air no juice, not a fan of hydro trucks to many issues air is simple and easy to fix on the road. Yes I am a mini trucker at heart.

all air no juice, not a fan of hydro trucks to many issues air is simple and easy to fix on the road. Yes I am a mini trucker at heart.

ehh, depends on how they look when complete. But im a "higher is better" kinda guy. 6'' over stock, 37'' inch tires and im good to go :D

ehh, depends on how they look when complete. But im a "higher is better" kinda guy. 6'' over stock, 37'' inch tires and im good to go :D

I hear ya. Im a jeep guy here myself. Never have been a big fan of something I could run over on the road.

I've got a Jeep XJ on 32s and 5in lift and love to crawl, my DD is a dodge 4x4 that will get a minor lift and 33s, but I just love the fab work in a bagged and body dropped mini truck

I've got a Jeep XJ on 32s and 5in lift and love to crawl, my DD is a dodge 4x4 that will get a minor lift and 33s, but I just love the fab work in a bagged and body dropped mini truck

Sure thing..How about taking the other "stock" one and lifting it:)

actually I'm working on a trident suburban for that, just trying to find wheels and tires for it before I go too crazy with it

Oh, man, I could write him about five tickets. :) Good job though.

would one of those be "waste of a perfectly good truck"? :D

(yea I'm one of the 4x4 type guys.. .got an 86 3/4 Chevy long bed on 36s)

nice job on the model though...

Nice job, there's a few like that running around here.
It reminds me of when I had my "monster truck" and raced a low rider once.
I won when he found a manhole cover that stopped him dead in his tracks!
(I helped him pick up the pieces)

LOL, Rico, I can just imagine. Back in the days when lowriders were "in" (as compared to today, with beater cars and 26" rims that are worth more than the car), we chased one that was involved in a 7-11 hold-up. Seems he developed a leak in the hydraulic system along the way. After about two miles, most of the body was on the street, sending up a huge shower of sparks. He finally had to stop and we got him out of the car fast, since there was smoke everywhere. Gas tank caught fire and the car was complete loss by the time the fire department put it out. The little thug said he had $3000 in hydraulics alone in the car (it was a nice '64 Chevy) and his haul from the 7-11 was $32 and a six pack of Coors. Karma does really bad things to you sometimes. :)

Back