Search results

1. Y

Want to get back into a childhood hobby.

John, speaking for myself, I love switch operations, I love breaking a train up, and getting the cars to the right industries (I do it on a schedule). I have 11 low number turnouts, and everything is freight. I'm working in N scale, as I live in apartment, and I can literally spend 6 hours...
  2. Y

Has gas prices cut into your modeling?

Not for me, old faithful just got totalled, guess I'm looking for a new car tomorrow. :(
  3. Y

Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

Glad to hear that Jeffrey. Makes me thankful to live in a place where we don't get those extreme storms.
  4. Y

Its been a while but im back!

Personally I think it looks fine, just keep plugging away at it. For scenery, your MUCH further then I am. I haven't even started yet (I'm not modeling hills and such, right now operations is in the front seat.)
  5. Y

Sawmill complex

Very nice, I can smell the sawdust just looking at it.
  6. Y

Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

I hear ya Jeffrey, I'm a former FF, and today is my birthday. editted to eliminate political comment leg
  7. Y

Ideas wanted for making a highway

Please let use know how it comes out, I'm rather interested as well.
  8. Y

Weekend Photo Fun 9-5/9-8

So far I'm rather impressed with how far N scale has come. Last time I modeled N scale and toy were the same words. And yes, she's a GE.
  9. Y

Weekend Photo Fun 9-5/9-8

I realize it's after the 8th, but I'm so proud that I finally got a new loco that I had to share: Sorry about the bad lighting, I really need to get some portable lights... :(
  10. Y

New Toys of Summer

Jim, around here they cut slots in the shoulder, we only get about 30 days of snow a year, just enough to have winter, not enough to be miserable. I wish I would have had that tractor at the old house, we inherited a 12hp rider when we bought it, and while it cut the weeds fine, it just wasn't...
  11. Y

New Toys of Summer

I say the same thing about huricanes Chris. I thank my lucky stars for clean air, and SNOW. :) Larry, that is one nice pair of rigs. I'm hoping that soon I need a tractor like that.
  12. Y

switchers and freight yards

Clair, I don't find that boring at all, That's exactly what I love to do. I've never heard of atest, but that doesn't mean much, I'm rather new around here. There's a wealth of information, and Josh is one of the brightest when it comes to locos.
  13. Y

How to hide wires on/under laytout?

I plan on using Melamine on hinges, only problem is that I ordered it with my other construction supplies, and like an idiot hung it on the wall (melamine is what is used on dry erase boards) so I now have a 4x8 dry erase board that I'm reluctant to cut up...
  14. Y

Question about actual trains

Wow, that's something I always wondered about, good question, and good answers. :)
  15. Y

Weekend Photo Fun 8-29/9-1

Jerome, I really like that first switcher!
  16. Y

Modeljunction site down?

Try entering http://66.7.192.230 into your browser... That's it's internet address. If that gets you to the site, call up the ISP and complain.
  17. Y

Random Track Plan thoughts From the mind of Hanson!

Are you going to be running large cars? For a shortline I would think the 15" curves would be ok.
  18. Y

Modeljunction site down?

It could be a bad DNS cache at your ISP, I used to run into that with my old ISP all the time, I finally got ticked and started running my own DNS, but that's not something I recommend for joe user, it's a bunch of work to set up properly and maintain (something my old ISP did not do).
  19. Y

Modeljunction site down?

Funny, it loads fine for me in FF3.
  20. Y

Model Railroad Hobbyist: A Threat to MR?

I really want a waterproof one to take in the shower, then I could really be connected.

Back