Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare overnight trip for me since i'm home everyday. Tonight i'm in Waterbury, Connecticut. All is not lost though. I went to explore the town and ended up on former New Haven railroad station;
IMG_20240220_185437882.jpg
IMG_20240220_184755924_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240220_184446823.jpg

Good morning. It's 43 and clear.

Heading in to day 3 at w*rk. It's --interesting, to say the least. I've already been scheduled for more training than I have had since I started playing with RVs in 2008. Their security is anachronistic. On-site, the shop buildings are wide open, with nothing more than a security guard at the main entrance preventing random people from walking away with our stuff. On a corporate level, well, I've had top-secret security clearance, and didn't have to jump through this many hoops...

Morning all,

43° and partly cloudy this morning. High of 73° later.

Just coffee this morning Flo, and can I get it to go?

Terry: Being in local government and having NO secrets other than personnel files, we're locking down stuff harder that I think we need to as well, all driven by lawyers and insurance companies.

BBL

Swal- It's a damn shame what you are having to do.
This is a warning to everyone here. Start planning now. Get rid of any old bank accounts that are no use to you. Make sure your paid off cars don't have any liens on the title. With the 2 banks accounts I had and really never used amount to another 500 pages of statements for the last 5 years that have no bearing on anything but have to be printed out. And if you let the lawyers dig all this stuff up, you'll be broke just in lawyer fees. Poor planning by me. I have to print out another 500 pages of nothing today so the lawyer can look though at $150.00 and hour. I'm getting tired out. It was easier shoveling the snow.
Swal

On a corporate level, well, I've had top-secret security clearance, and didn't have to jump through this many hoops...

Yes. I have had similar experience. Read a Government form (when I was 16 years of age) and signed it to say I have read it. Mindst you the signature still applies to this day.
Then we have the paperwork to fill in to go on holiday is sometimes above the max.

Last edited:
Good morning from my piece of So. Central Wisconsin where today should be another pleasant weather day. It’s 40 now heading into the high 50’s with a possible 60f degrees being hit. Of course Thursday and Friday might just barely get above freezing! It‘s Winter in Wisconsin where except for piles of snow mainly in parking lots our snow cover is gone. The road trip for the day (Racine, Wi) is cancelled. Her friend has a cold.

Terry had her financial forecasting hat on yesterday. We have differing ideas as to where the economy, the stock and real estate markets are heading. Since we are now going to be home there will be more guessing done today. She is much more positive and optimistic than I. I am a realist.

Ran some trains yesterday. I also broke my not so hard and fast rule about do any weathering on Tuesday and Thursday by working a 2 hour session on 2 reefer cars. Today I will try again to get the reefers to roll freer. $55 and $85 (has sound) for cars that Tyco cars sitting in a box for 20 years would roll better.

UPS tracking shows my own STX reefer order and for commissions will arrive Thursday. Never having really tracked UPS before I do not know if the tracking data is reliable. I use the USPS and unlike many of you I find it very trustworthy.

Flo—I would like another Diet Dr Pepper and one of Mel’s garbage skillets, no mushrooms.

enjoy the day

Holy crap! Only 17 degrees and the sun bright, the sky is clear. Got a volunteer job today at Animal House Project, but on the way home i am checking on plywood and 1x2s. Might stop at the train shops too just to get a feel on what is out there and prices. Cheri
When it comes to train purchases it is smart you are stopping to investigate. I am a shopper when it comes to my hobbies. See what you like at the shop and then check it out online. There maybe a huge price difference. While I encourage shopping locally, this is not a cheap hobby. You then can determine where to buy for your best interest

have fun

Morning folks, its currently 60 outside, a little chilly but no need for a coat imo.

Update on the lightning-struck oak tree in the yard: My dad and me got all the small stuff piled up outside the yard either to be hauled off or ran through a chipper, the remaining pieces are too big for our chainsaws and we still don't want to bring the tractor into the yard. The roofers will show up today since one limb poked 4 holes into the roof, planning on just doing a patch job.
We did get a lot of firewood out of it. Supposedly wood thats been struck by lightning has magical powers or something, in that case I hope to make some magical briskets with it.😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back