Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys write so much i can't keep up. This is from saturday and after dreary morning, the sun started poking in between the clouds. I'm thinking why sit inside, time for some winter pictures. I made my way to Enola yard first, then along US 11/15 to Marysville. First an overall look at the Keystone Bridge:
IMG_20240217_130123518_HDR.jpg
These beautiful stone arch viaducts are next to the old Marysville railroad station:
IMG_20240217_130525107_HDR.jpg

Pennsy is right above and the railing is standard Pennsy design.
IMG_20240217_130539850_HDR.jpg

The long coal train was waiting to enter Enola Yard:
IMG_20240217_131005325.jpg

The series of duck unders and flyovers was created way before interstate highways were built.
IMG_20240217_131038687_HDR.jpg

Well, howdy there internet peeps and prolific posters

It's Troy awake at 2 am

Took me 45min to read the last five pages of posts that I missed.

Did a bunch of design work yesterday for the author biz... one thing that Amazon does is allow what they call A+ content. It's usually in three block of graphics under the main book description and some of the ads.

Well, it was time to develop it out for my books
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 3.17.37 PM.png

Did one up for the main series as well. These are a bit more gritty than the Cozy/Cosy mystery covers suggest. I figured I was straddling two genres, and this part of the page should address those going for more Paranormal/Supernatural mysteries.

I also realized I had never released the compliation volume of books 4-6 in this series, So I whipped up a cover or two. Decided I'd address the paranormal mystery side of the marketing on the compilation. Quite often we try to use the Omnibusses to appeal to different genre readers than our main audience. So, a bit of rebranding the series. Yes, I caught the typo on cover 1:

00-PixieTwisted.jpg

In other news, the wife lost one of her favorite earrings. The ones she sleeps in to keep the holes open. They had to have short posts to be comfortable. So we went to the Mall yesterday. The indoor one. After half an hour of measuring earring post lengths at various kiosks.

I went mall-strolling to get some steps in where it was warm... and the gang of ruffians was out. I barely escaped with my wallet.

They forced these on me, and took a twenty (with 2 bucks of change).

cookies.jpg

Yeah, the purple bag of Caramel Delights is empty now... Should have remembered that they make my insides move a bit. Been gassy enough to wake both me and the cat. So I came down to the basement and let the wife sleep in peace.

OH, and she found one very pierced girl at a jewellry kiosk that showed her to get "Flat Back" earrings, and from Amazon was the cheapest deal.

Fifteen dollars later, once we got home, and her new earrings are on the way.

OK, me and the cat are going to attempt to sleep.

Got to remember that even though those boxes of cookies are smaller every year, I'm not getting any smaller. I better put the Fat Mints into the freezer and save them for later.

Morning ladies! 54 looking fir 65 with mostly cloudy!
Didn't get what I wanted accomplished yesterday, but did "cure" the brake light issue .. fluid was low ... I wish all my whoes were that simple!
Fell asleep again at 6 PM and after 3 getups during the nigt - here I am again. About daylight I will prob flake out again?

BILL - Love that pic - sad that all that stuff is gone!

Ooooh, I slept in after my 2 am flatulence spell... got up, cleaned the cat's water fountain while I had my yogurt. Got laundry and the dishwasher going.

Better get me the late riser's brunch, FLO. Tell MEL I need extra bacon.

Got to go see mom and take her for an eye check with the Ophthalmologist. Mom's happy, no eye shots this trip.

Good Luck with whatever you've got going, Sherrel, may you day be as happy as my mother's.

The Microsoft's marketing did a hit on it when IBM sold new pc's. You had to specifically select OS\2 at initial boot, and if you were too slow, Windows was installed.
I recall speaking with a IBM Marketing guy, I questioned why IBM PCs marketed for the "Home" came loaded with MS DOS and Windows, instead of OS2. His response was that OS2 was for High End Users only...to which my response was "Huh?"

Morning all! A pleasant 21 degrees here in the frozen tundra. Going all the way to the 40's today and we'll even see some 50's this week. Wisconsin's roller coaster weather! I have the day off. It's unusual for a private company to give holidays only the Feds normally get, but hey, not complaining. I'll take it. An extra day to fool around on the work bench!

I recall speaking with a IBM Marketing guy, I questioned why IBM PCs marketed for the "Home" came loaded with MS DOS and Windows, instead of OS2. His response was that OS2 was for High End Users only...to which my response was "Huh?
Boris we were doing some work at the IBM in Somers NY I think around 1995 and they had private sale one day and I bought OS2. It was a big mistake waste of money.
Swal

Good morning All!!!
Thanks for being here Bill!!
Hello Flo!!!
I see you're back together again and in good form.
Beauty ain't cheap.
Why yes! I would love rye toast and buttered jam.
Could you also surprise me with a breakfast sandwich?
I'll double fist the coffee as well.
My drive gear has no drive. 🤔🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back